Any Saints News - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Any Saints News

Moderator: Football Moderators

Any Saints News

Postby r_singh » Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:43 pm

any1 hear bout the plans of the Saints, they have been very quiet, and look like they dont plan to do anythingelse. If u hear something different post it here.
r_singh

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Canacuna » Sat Mar 13, 2004 1:53 am

They signed Lamar Smith the other day...

The Times-Picayune wrote:The Saints backfield lost one Smith and re-gained another Thursday.

Veteran Lamar Smith signed a one-year contract with the Saints a day after fullback Terrelle Smith agreed to a four-year deal with the Cleveland Browns.

Lamar Smith signed a one-year contract for the minimum veteran's salary of $760,000.

Lamar Smith, a 10-year veteran, and recent free agent signee Aaron Stecker will provide depth behind starter Deuce McAllister. The signings of Smith and Stecker give the Saints three experienced backs and eliminates the need for help at the position in next month's NFL draft. Smith, 33, joined the Saints late last season and rushed for 61 yards on 11 carries in four games.

Source: Saints gain depth by signing Lamar Smith

Wow, Deuce better watch his back or Lamar will steal his job! ;-7

Good job Saints - adding depth to the position you need the least amount of.

"Yes, let's add another RB to sit on the bench while Deuce does his thing rather than spend money on upgrading our weak positions..."
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby moochman » Sat Mar 13, 2004 10:35 am

In other Saint news; Dainty Stallworth is still nursing a hamstring injury but says he expects it to be fully healthy by the start of the season and is looking forward to playing his usual slate of 4 games next year.

Sorry, still bitter over Dainty stinking up my bench last season.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby NittanyLions » Sat Mar 13, 2004 3:24 pm

moochman wrote:Sorry, still bitter over Dainty stinking up my bench last season.

I can relate :-#

They did resign their one secondary player...cant think of his name :-?
Maybe they feel their team is complete ;-7
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby KingGhidra » Sat Mar 13, 2004 4:57 pm

Saturday, March 13, 2004

Saints still in the league

NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue issued a statement Saturday morning dispelling rumors that the New Orleans Saints were no longer an NFL franchise. "Despite their inactivity and poor showing over the last 3 seasons, rumors speculating that the NFL quietly disbanded the New Orleans franchise are completely unfounded."

Rumors have been swirling around the club for at least a month now. One Saints fan, sporting the traditional paper bag headgear, was quoted as saying, "Teams like Washington and Chicago are out signing guys trying to improve why aren't we? Even Pittsburgh went and signed a punter."

The New Orleans front office refused to return phone calls commenting on the press conference.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby moochman » Sat Mar 13, 2004 7:03 pm

KingGhidra wrote:
Saturday, March 13, 2004

Saints still in the league

NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue issued a statement Saturday morning dispelling rumors that the New Orleans Saints were no longer an NFL franchise. "Despite their inactivity and poor showing over the last 3 seasons, rumors speculating that the NFL quietly disbanded the New Orleans franchise are completely unfounded."

Rumors have been swirling around the club for at least a month now. One Saints fan, sporting the traditional paper bag headgear, was quoted as saying, "Teams like Washington and Chicago are out signing guys trying to improve why aren't we? Even Pittsburgh went and signed a punter."

The New Orleans front office refused to return phone calls commenting on the press conference.

KG, you are perilously close to tarnishing your rep. Where's a link for this? I need proof that the Saints are still in the league.
Good stuff, KG.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby awwchrist » Sat Mar 13, 2004 8:30 pm

I rib my Saints friend all the time with a never-let-it-die quote he gave me at the end of the season.

"Hey, 8 n' 8 is pretty ******* good."

Maybe for your team.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Strider » Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:21 am

hey deuce will never lose his job he is the man
Strider
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff