Look out NFL- Brock Lesnar on his way - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Look out NFL- Brock Lesnar on his way

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby MMH » Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:28 am

He has no experience in football at all. He would obviously be wanting big money other wise he wouldnt leave the WWE where he gets a fairly large amount of money anyway.

I cant see any team taking the chance on him, Mike Tice has already said he is not interested and of course the Vikings are his home state team.

He just bought his own aeroplane though.....

Oddly enough he fights and ex footballer in Bill Goldberg tonight, Goldberg will probably injure him anyway.

I am still waiting for somebody to give Dwayne Chambers a call. He has never played football in his life but its OK coz he can run fast :-o
MMH
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dazedncnfz » Sun Mar 14, 2004 11:16 am

An Associated Press report in September 2002 said Lesnar turned down tryout offers from the Tampa Bay Bucs and Washington Redskins, opting instead to sign a developmental contract with the WWE

if he got offers once, he will get offers again...

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby fntsyrookie » Sun Mar 14, 2004 12:54 pm

If anybody here has actually wrestled before (I'm not talking about WWE, I'm talking Greco-Roman or Freestyle) you'll know that you have to be an athlete of the highest sense. Brock was and is that. When he wrestled at the U of Minnesota he routinely whooped up on the some of the best heavyweights in the country. Not only because he was more muscular, (which really doesn't matter) but because he was also faster, and more agile. Plain and simple he was a better athlete than the guy across from him on the mat.

For a guy that big and strong to move on the mat as quick as he did is almost ubelievable. I'm not saying that he'll do anything great in the NFL, or that he'll even make a team, but just because he was in the WWE before trying out for the NFL doesn't mean he'll be an automatic failure.

Like Dazey said, if teams wanted him once they'll probably take a look at him again. The NFL is quickly becoming a league where your possible "potential" will land you a spot on a team.
fntsyrookie
General Manager
General Manager

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby sinnlos26 » Sun Mar 14, 2004 12:56 pm

The guy's stupid, like most wrestlers are. More than likely he's gotten his head knocked around too many times to remember phone numbers, much less plays out on the field.
sinnlos26 Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Dazedncnfz » Sun Mar 14, 2004 1:26 pm

sinnlos26 wrote:The guy's stupid, like most wrestlers are. More than likely he's gotten his head knocked around too many times to remember phone numbers, much less plays out on the field.

and you must be a rocket scientist...if you have ever seen this man you would know he is a athlete...I'm not over here saying hes the next Urlacher....but he could be

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby sinnlos26 » Sun Mar 14, 2004 1:56 pm

Dazedncnfz wrote:
sinnlos26 wrote:The guy's stupid, like most wrestlers are. More than likely he's gotten his head knocked around too many times to remember phone numbers, much less plays out on the field.

and you must be a rocket scientist...if you have ever seen this man you would know he is a athlete...I'm not over here saying hes the next Urlacher....but he could be

ive always had a grudge against professional wrestlers-whenever someone says WWf or WWE i think of huge sweaty guts spitting and throwing chairs at each other- my parents thought it was a stupid thing to do for a living. i never said he wasnt an athlete, but i dont think hes the best person to play football. if someone takes him on and proves me wrong, well thats great, ive just always had a grudge against professional televised wrestlers
sinnlos26 Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby slowkidz » Mon Mar 15, 2004 7:54 am

sinnlos26 wrote:ive always had a grudge against professional wrestlers-whenever someone says WWf or WWE i think of huge sweaty guts spitting and throwing chairs at each other- my parents thought it was a stupid thing to do for a living. i never said he wasnt an athlete, but i dont think hes the best person to play football. if someone takes him on and proves me wrong, well thats great, ive just always had a grudge against professional televised wrestlers

just curious, but why "a grudge"? were you scorned by a professional wrestler? did he steal your lunch money after a pile-driver? it's one thing not to like the industry. it's another to "hold a grudge" against a lot of people who are working for a living. you may not agree with their choices, but to "hold a grudge" against those individuals is something far greater than dislike. thats actually pretty discriminatory.
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby KingGhidra » Mon Mar 15, 2004 8:47 am

Slowkidz wrote:did he steal your lunch money after a pile-driver?

That's certainly graphic... and hilarious too. That actually happened around here. Some high school aged kids jumped another kid and pile drivered him (I think they broke his neck). Being such mental giants, they decided to tape the crime so it could be used against them in court.

8-o
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby slowkidz » Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:00 am

KingGhidra wrote: Some high school aged kids jumped another kid and pile drivered him (I think they broke his neck). Being such mental giants, they decided to tape the crime so it could be used against them in court.

8-o

Pittsburgh Fans I suppose? hehehe :-D
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby Strider » Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:00 am

TheHeat24 wrote:He would never make it into the NFL because he wouldnt pass the steroid testing...

lol :-D
Strider
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk