Law no longer wants to be a Patriot - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Law no longer wants to be a Patriot

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby NittanyLions » Sat Mar 13, 2004 11:49 pm

This is exactly what is ruining baseball. :-#

Some people are just too greedy like azrael said. :-t
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Sun Mar 14, 2004 2:11 am

Right now, it's not about money," Law told the Globe this week.

Translation: It's all about the money.
He says that and then the rest of the time complains about the money. Talks about the contract offer of $15.6 mil against the old contract of $16.9 mil, but is the old contract a guaranteed? I think not. The bird in the hand is worth a lot in pro football, where one hit can end a career. Of course the $1.3 mil reduction would mean his family would have to tighten thier belts a bit.
I would love to see the Pats trade him to Arizona or somewhere he could live out his career in relative anonymity.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Re: Law no longer wants to be a Patriot

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Mar 14, 2004 6:15 am

Arlo wrote:
Canacuna wrote:
VHawk15 wrote:"I'll go to training camp. I've got bonuses for going to training camp. I'm just saying it won't be a comfortable working atmosphere. It's not a reason to hold out. I get $1 million just to show up. Who wouldn't show up for $1 million? The money ain't the thing, because I have that. Then again, I'm not going to sit here and say I don't want $7 million, either. That's stupid. Hell, we all gotta eat.

Um... What is he eating?

Supersizing it can get pretty pricey after a while... 8-o

Well, the Patriots knew supersizing was going to be eliminated, so they wanted to lower his salary since he wouldn't need the extra cash!

Seriously, saying "it's not about money" and wasting over half of your interview talking about money and how it's a slap in the face means it's definitely about the money. We all gotta eat? Does he realize what I could eat off the interest of even 1 million dollars? That's like roughly 12,500 Double Cheesburgers a year!

Man, how many freaking NFL players actually play for the betterment for an existing team (a Super Bowl winner at that) anymore and not totally to serve their own monetary interests. I'm sure if I were a pro athlete I might think about it too, but really - millions upon millions of bucks to play a sport? We've got people trying to save our sick and protect our streets and country out there making 20 - 100 thousand bucks a year, and these guys doing something for fun are making 20 - 100 million dollars in 6 or 7 years. Going out there and sacrificing your body to play football isn't worth anything close to that if you ask me - you signed up for the job.

Mooch, I totally agree - send him to a wasteland team so he can be the "franchise" player and still not do squat because an entire team wins a Super Bowl, not one player! If anyone understands that, it should be Ty Law.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Josh Weed » Sun Mar 14, 2004 9:23 am

As a Pat fa, I say let him go. HE has flashes of greatness still, like the INdy game, but I really dont think he is as good as he thinks he is. HE is def. not the best CB in football. If he has an attitude like that, let him go, he wont fit in with the team,a nd I am sure belichek will be able to live without him. They won as a team not because of Ty Law. Let Oakland show him the money, he would be a good fit there, he can rot with all t he other p layers at the end of their careers
Josh Weed
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby steelyeri » Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:00 am

VHawk15 wrote:

who does? they are losing all their players. guess bad karma may be back to haunt them after cheating well-deserving teams out of a superbowl.

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby moochman » Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:50 am

steelyeri wrote:
VHawk15 wrote:

who does? they are losing all their players. guess bad karma may be back to haunt them after cheating well-deserving teams out of a superbowl.

You need to try and get past this. lol

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Dazedncnfz » Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:52 am

steelyeri wrote:who does? they are losing all their players. guess bad karma may be back to haunt them after cheating well-deserving teams out of a superbowl.

what?.."cheating well-deserving teams out of a superbowl"...are you out of your mind?...this subject is about Law's contract and you make a statement like this?....do you even watch football?...haveing you been watching the past 3 seasons?..the Pats didn't deserve to go?...why is that , because your fav team didn't make it?..grow up, be a man and admit when a better wins it all and they won BOTH times because they deserved it...PERIOD

back to Law...if you think sending him to ARI is gona work, well rem Jackson after the Bucs won the SB...he took off for the money right to ARI!...if the Pats let Law go, he will mke his money, and if hes truly this unhappy, trade or release him and be done with it..

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby steelyeri » Sun Mar 14, 2004 1:49 pm

moochman wrote:
steelyeri wrote:
VHawk15 wrote:

You need to try and get past this. lol

you're right. I really, really do.

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby steelyeri » Sun Mar 14, 2004 1:50 pm

Dazedncnfz wrote:
steelyeri wrote:who does? they are losing all their players. guess bad karma may be back to haunt them after cheating well-deserving teams out of a superbowl.

what?.."cheating well-deserving teams out of a superbowl"...are you out of your mind?...this subject is about Law's contract and you make a statement like this?....do you even watch football?...haveing you been watching the past 3 seasons?..the Pats didn't deserve to go?...why is that , because your fav team didn't make it?..grow up, be a man and admit when a better wins it all and they won BOTH times because they deserved it...PERIOD

wow. comments so insane that i feel it's beneath me to even reply.

steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Previous

Return to Football Talk