The Vikes RB situation - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The Vikes RB situation

Moderator: Football Moderators

The Vikes RB situation

Postby TheRawDAWG » Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:29 am

I'm in a keeper league and I have M. Bennett and O. Smith on my roster. I'm curious as to what the chances are that one of them will be a feature back this year. I'd really like to keep O. Smith. He has some major motivation to live up to the SOD tab he gave himself. And he looked good when given the opportunity. So I thought I'd ask guys that may know more about this situation than I do. Thanks!!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheHeat24 » Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:41 am

Michael Bennet is a former first rounder and unfortunately injured his foot but I think he will be back at full stregnth this year and most likely will come back with a solid year, on the other hand they might turn it into the dreaded RBBC. And im not sure but wasnt his big game against KC at Minnesota... Hes gotta show he can do it against more than just the worst run D in the league.

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Flux » Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:53 am

Lets not forget Moe Williams is the best blocker of the group and had himself a great year last year
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheRawDAWG » Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:03 pm

The problem I have with Bennett is the Vikes don't have confidnece in him at the goal line so he doesn't score as much as a feature back should. O. Smith seemed to have the confidence from the coaching staff to punch it in. And when those 2 players are healthy Moe Williams is a blocking back and 3rd down back. Not worth the toilet paper in ff. Given the choice of all them in starting situations I think Smith would be the best bet. But it looks like it's going to be the RBBC. Oh well I guess I'll keep Green and Rudi. I just wanted to trade Green for some nice picks. Oh well!!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby VHawk15 » Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:49 pm

I think Michael Bennett will start and have a nice year.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby JrcWy » Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:47 pm

In a yardage league, you can't go wrong with Bennett. He is a 1000+ yard rusher when healthy. Two years ago he hit 1200 and 5 TDs. Moe Williams took 11 TDs from him. I don't see the same coaching staff gaining confidence in him at the goal line. Moe Williams will have been in the league 10 years this fall and that to me means injuries. Even when used sparingly, I see him getting hurt somewhere early on. Then you have the back thats seems to be able to do both in O Smith. So really, if I had to bet on one of them, I would take Smith as the leading rusher and scorer on the team next season.
JrcWy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby TheRawDAWG » Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:55 pm

JrcWY wrote:In a yardage league, you can't go wrong with Bennett. He is a 1000+ yard rusher when healthy. Two years ago he hit 1200 and 5 TDs. Moe Williams took 11 TDs from him. I don't see the same coaching staff gaining confidence in him at the goal line. Moe Williams will have been in the league 10 years this fall and that to me means injuries. Even when used sparingly, I see him getting hurt somewhere early on. Then you have the back thats seems to be able to do both in O Smith. So really, if I had to bet on one of them, I would take Smith as the leading rusher and scorer on the team next season.

Thats what I was thinking. I think the Vikings should be exploring trades for Bennett. Of course I might be a little biased for the chance of having a feature back for cheap.
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Canacuna » Mon Mar 15, 2004 4:01 pm

Michael Bennett will be the starter and will put up similar numbers as he did in '02 - a little over 1,000 yards and about five TDs.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby TheRawDAWG » Mon Mar 15, 2004 5:35 pm

Canacuna wrote:Michael Bennett will be the starter and will put up similar numbers as he did in '02 - a little over 1,000 yards and about five TDs.

In other words, he's not keeper material and he makes everyone else not keeper material. Too bad, I'd like to see what O. Smith can do as a feature. Oh well.
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby terpfan » Mon Mar 15, 2004 6:34 pm

Canacuna wrote:Michael Bennett will be the starter and will put up similar numbers as he did in '02 - a little over 1,000 yards and about five TDs.

sounds about right to me. hes the better keeper of the two.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk