Boston to Miami done - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Boston to Miami done

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby KingGhidra » Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:39 am

fantasizing wrote:Talk about a steal. SD is hopeless. This also downgrades LT I think as well, as now they officially have no QB and no one to throw the ball to, well, except for LT again. Maybe he'll get 200 receptions this year.

I am officially dropping LT out of my top 3 in a re-draft league.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

sd

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:19 am

Does this mean Rickys stock goes up now?

Friendliness: %

Postby Strider » Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:50 am

man that was a rip off if you ask me a sixth round pick next year!!?!?!?!?!?
Strider
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:39 am

Wannstedt is drooling over the thought of a giagantic WR like Boston and how well he will block for Ricky. Boston should be a great WR and FF stud in Miami, but he should have been in SD too. If he doesn't get enough action how will he respond?
The Chargers were looking to dump salary and Miami said okay, I'm guessing. They will either take Manning, the obvious choice. Or maybe trade picks with the Cards, who are hot for Fitz, and get another late round pick. They could even take Fitz himself, but I doubt that.
There are a lot of talented WRs in this draft so a highly paid player like Boston can be replaced with someone cheaper and who may be more consistant, and be more of a team player.

Friendliness: %

Postby Flux » Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:42 am

I seriously cant decide if LT should lose value. True they are losing a freak of a WR, but he really didn't do much last year and was injured and had disciplinary problems. If they can get Kitna or even a Couch who can throw deep and then Fitzgerald, I think LT would actually be better off than last year
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:30 pm

LT runs well when there's 9 people in the box. LT runs well when his entire starting O-line goes down. LT will run well without David Boston on his team. Hopefully the Chargers draft Fitzgerald to get a WR threat. Getting Kitna would solve the QB problem for a few years, perhaps give them time to groom someone into the position. If they want to get risky, Billy Volek is out there looking for a starting job.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby JrcWy » Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:45 pm

Everyone talking about how Boston is a new sleeper. Thats true but I'll be watching Chris Chambers. Who do yuo focus on when you defend them? I think you have a duo here that is comparable to Peerless and Moulds. And since both are big receivers used as deep threats, AJ will be looking for McMichael on short passes. True, the argument can be made that our QB is unproven but we do have Feidler still. And Jay has never had weapons like this. Not a bad worst case scenerio if you ask me.
JrcWy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:12 pm

Boston to Miami is a 23 hour 56 minute drive according to mapquest.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby nebbie2004 » Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:31 pm

Miami finally gets a WR that can be an Top 10 Possibly, I mean Chambers is good, but he's not a big name like Boston, Lets see what he can do in Miami this year.
nebbie2004 Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby TheHeat24 » Tue Mar 16, 2004 5:18 pm

Just to let you all know, Jamar Fletcher was the "player to be named" in this deal, he is a complete bum, he would have been 5th on the depth chart this year Behind Surtain, Madison, Howard and mayb T-Buck.

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk