Where do you rate Ricky now? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Where do you rate Ricky now?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Where do you rate Ricky now?

Postby Azrael » Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:24 pm

I'll say it again. This just takes the pressure off Ricky a little more. He's still the bread and butter. I may seriously consider trading down if I thought I would get him around 8 or so, which is where he's projected right now. Although, Miami will have to recoup their O-line losses.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Buckychudd » Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:31 pm

It does make Ricky more valuable.....I'm just not sure it moves him into top 7 territory.

Then again, Boston/Chambers certainly gives Miami a powerfull passing threat.....certainly moves Feeley up in my book.
Buckychudd
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby awwchrist » Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:43 pm

How does it make him more valuable if the only reason he was getting FPs to begin with was his sheer volume of carries?

Teams are still going to stack against the Dolphins until Jay Feely and the passing game can prove they'll move the ball through the air.

I'll keep him at 10 rather than moving him to 5.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Flux » Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:53 pm

awwchrist wrote:How does it make him more valuable if the only reason he was getting FPs to begin with was his sheer volume of carries?

Teams are still going to stack against the Dolphins until Jay Feely and the passing game can prove they'll move the ball through the air.

He made his pts off volume despite the fact there were always 8 to 10 men in the box. Now the defense will have to respect the pass. If the phins can sign one or 2 more linemen i would move Ricky to the top 5 or 6.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby KingGhidra » Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:24 am

Can Miami get an o-line on the field that passes a physical? It doesn't matter who they have lined up at the WR position if the QB has minimal time to throw the ball. That was one of the best things about Fiedler, he was mobile. I don't remember Feeley as being mobile. Ricky Williams will still struggle against good defenses if they are able to hit him behind the line of scrimmage consistently like teams were doing last year.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby awwchrist » Tue Mar 16, 2004 2:56 am

Flux wrote:
awwchrist wrote:How does it make him more valuable if the only reason he was getting FPs to begin with was his sheer volume of carries?

He made his pts off volume despite the fact there were always 8 to 10 men in the box. Now the defense will have to respect the pass. If the phins can sign one or 2 more linemen i would move Ricky to the top 5 or 6.

the defense doesnt have to respect anything until the fins can show they can throw.

So you're going to pass on a Jamal Lewis/McCallister/Alexander because of this?

Have at it.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby aussieboy » Tue Mar 16, 2004 5:21 am

"So you're going to pass on a Jamal Lewis/McCallister/Alexander......?"

exactly
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Strider » Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:55 am

Rickey could have an awesome year cause defenses will have to cover the pass or with the sorry o-line he could stink badly he is a risk that i would take
Strider
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:55 am

IMO, Ricky is a firm #8, right behind Shaun Alexander.....

Tomlinson, Holmes, Green, Portis, Lewis, McAllister, Alexander, Williams...

I think that's how it will go in 90% of the drafts.....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Flux » Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:49 am

awwchrist wrote:
Flux wrote:

the defense doesnt have to respect anything until the fins can show they can throw.

So you're going to pass on a Jamal Lewis/McCallister/Alexander because of this?

Have at it.

If they can get a couple more good linemen, and that is a big if with them, then yes i would. How easily we forget he was easily a top 5 pick last year and was as high up as #1 by some people. If he ends up with a better group of receivers, and almost anything will be better than the line he had last year, and I dont think Feeley will really be worse than Fiedler, then he should definitely be ranked higher than where he finished last year. Not to mention he has a spiffy new haircut which should make him faster :-b
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk