Lewis
Ricky

WHO LET THEM HOKIES OUT?
WhiteChocolate
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Lushcrush » Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:55 pm

My name is Lush and I'm a Ricky lover. I try to take it one day at a time. I don't know anything about top ten lists or David Boston. But I do know that on draft day if Ricky is there, I will pick him. 1st, 5th ... it doesn't matter. I am a turf-churner-aholic.
Not too bad, you say? It gets worse. If Edge is there next time around on draft day, I'll take him too.To this day I have to be careful or I'll holler out Natrone Means in about the 8th round on draft day.
Can I be helped? :-?
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The Sandwich » Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:00 pm

Dear Lush,

No, there is no help for you! Sorry man.

Seriously I think I might start a separate thread about ranking guys you have an emotional attachment to.

As far as Ricky is concerned. His value doesn't change at all in my book with Boston on the roster. The problem for him has always been, injuries, too much pounding, poor qb, and O-line. Boston doesn't change any of that. Boston can't help if the QB can't get him the ball. I am also not sold on the new "improved" Boston.

As far as Boston's value he hasn't changed on my list either. Went from a bad team with a bad QB and a great RB, to an average team with a bad QB and a great RB. What's the difference?
"They're Killing Me Whitey! They're Killing Me"!
The Sandwich
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Azrael » Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:04 pm

I'm extremely surprised that people are still putting LT at No. 1 despite the Chargers having zero passing threat at the moment.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby TheHeat24 » Tue Mar 16, 2004 5:36 pm

On the topic of the dolphins line here is how it projects as of this point compared to last years line talent wise:

LT- Wade Smith: After atroscious rookie season he has put on more than 20lbs of muscle and has a year under his belt
Compared to 2003--> Upgrade

LG- As far as I know Jaime Nails is still on the roster and he was the starter, he was coming off an achilles tear last year, in 2002 he was their best pure runblocker I look for a bounceback season
Compared to 2003--> Even

C- Seth McKinney: young, talented player and finally getting his turn after sitting behind old man Ruddy, will add some athleticism
Compared to 2003--> Even un til he gets some experience

RG- Jeno James: good runblocking guard who tore open holes for stephen davis and deshaun last year, replaces Todd Perry, the dolphins worst lineman
Compared to 2003--> Exponential Upgrade

RT- John St. Clair--> Really haven't seen much of him however he is young and will develop. Replaces Todd Wade the dolphins best lineman last year which isnt saying much.
Compared to 2003--> Slight Downgrade for now

As you all know the dolphins may appear to have had losses on the o-line but i look for the fins to draft vernon carey or Shawn andrews if he somehow falls that far, this would make their line pretty decent and would be a monsterous upgrade from last year.

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby awwchrist » Tue Mar 16, 2004 5:47 pm

Azrael wrote:I'm extremely surprised that people are still putting LT at No. 1 despite the Chargers having zero passing threat at the moment.

well he did manage to put up almost 4000 total yards and 25 TDs prior to Boston's arrival. Asides from that, everything continues to be pretty much the same for SD.

So why shouldn't we peg him with the #1 pick?
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Mar 16, 2004 6:16 pm

I don't see how this changes Ricky's place either. They're still using a fairly untested QB (except for the few weeks he started for the Eagles) to throw to two decent receivers. You still have to set up the run before you can throw, and even if they get ahead in games by throwing, they'll just pound Ricky as much as they would normally.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby nebbie2004 » Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:26 pm

The earliest i would draft Ricky is 6th maybe 5th if im sick or something, hey may last 8th or not, just depends.
nebbie2004 Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Lushcrush » Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:00 pm

TheHeat24 wrote:As you all know the dolphins may appear to have had losses on the o-line but i look for the fins to draft vernon carey or Shawn andrews if he somehow falls that far, this would make their line pretty decent and would be a monsterous upgrade from last year.

Andrews could easily fall in the draft. He is and supposedly has been suffering from 'nose polyps" or something like that for some time. The polyps purportedly preceded his bailing out of Arkansas's bowl game, flunking out of school and gaining a bunch of weight. He is under the care of a trainer now, but I would imagine his stock has fallen from mid-year or even late season evals.
I honestly don't know if I would want him if I was a GM. It's kinda like being able to see a nail in the road from a long way off. We'll see.
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Azrael » Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:30 pm

awwchrist wrote:
Azrael wrote:I'm extremely surprised that people are still putting LT at No. 1 despite the Chargers having zero passing threat at the moment.

well he did manage to put up almost 4000 total yards and 25 TDs prior to Boston's arrival. Asides from that, everything continues to be pretty much the same for SD.

So why shouldn't we peg him with the #1 pick?

True Tomlinson has continued to excel. However, the team seems to have disintegrated in the meantime. In his rookie, campaign he wasn't the prime focus of the defense. In 2002, the team did fairly well. Brees played moderate and Conway and Dwight did their share to take off the heat. In 2003 the combonation of the Neal and Boston additions along with a super poor schedule (KC twice, Oak twice, Clev, Cinci, Minn, Green Bay, and Det) really helped. I personally think that he is the best runningback in the league. He can do it all. But San Diego seems like they are doing nothing to get better. He'll get his share of yardage and TDs as such superstars do. But the No.1 fantasy back on such a poor team as he is on. I dunno about that.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk