Owens Could be Headed to Philly Afterall... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Owens Could be Headed to Philly Afterall...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Owens Could be Headed to Philly Afterall...

Postby Canacuna » Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:32 am

KFFL.com wrote:Eagles | Deal in Place with Owens - from http://www.KFFL.com
Mon, 15 Mar 2004 13:07:57 -0800

ESPNews reports the Philadelphia Eagles have a deal in place with WR Terrell Owens (Ravens) that would have him join them if the grievance hearing overrules his trade to the Baltimore Ravens and makes him a free agent.

...and from ESPN.com...

ESPN.com wrote:A league source told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio on Monday that the San Francisco 49ers and Philadelphia Eagles are in discussions through a third party that would allow Terrell Owens to be traded to Philadelphia, while giving the Baltimore Ravens compensation for dropping out of the deal that originally sent the wide receiver from San Francisco to Baltimore.

Source: Talks reopen; arbitrator to rule Tuesday

Rotoworld explains things a little, if you don't understand ESPNs wordage...

Rotoworld.com wrote:In the scenario, Baltimore would return Owens to San Francisco for their second round pick and receive a compensatory pick for their trouble. San Francisco would then receive a third-rounder from the team that reaches agreement with Owens. San Francisco would be willing to do this because they are uncertain about how the arbitrator will rule. Confused yet? It should clear up sometime tonight.

...So there you go.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby NittanyLions » Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:01 am

I saqw this on ESPN news, looks like the abitrator was thinking. I guess philly wants him too...I'd rather see him there anyway, but they would be a mean team with him :-o
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:04 am

does Ray Lewis and the Ravens play Philly this year.............one can only wish.
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby Strider » Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:53 am

NittanyLions wrote:I saqw this on ESPN news, looks like the abitrator was thinking. I guess philly wants him too...I'd rather see him there anyway, but they would be a mean team with him :-o

can someone say "past the NFC championship game!!"
Strider
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:44 am

Strider wrote:can someone say "past the NFC championship game!!"

Almost as fast as I can say 'Cancer'.
Looks like he will get his wish. I can hardly wait to see how he will react to McNabb and his penchant to throw so many erratic passes. And how Ried will respond to TO's first blow-up. This could put the Iggles over the top, but they would have been favorites without TO.

Friendliness: %

Postby maddog60 » Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:56 am

Anonymous wrote:
Strider wrote:can someone say "past the NFC championship game!!"

Almost as fast as I can say 'Cancer'.
Looks like he will get his wish. I can hardly wait to see how he will react to McNabb and his penchant to throw so many erratic passes. And how Ried will respond to TO's first blow-up. This could put the Iggles over the top, but they would have been favorites without TO.

Except that you're never going to have a consistent offense without a passing threat. And Thrash and Pinkston are so pathetic and erratic in their ability to catch that without a playmaking WR in Philly, Manning wouldn't even be a passing threat.

Besides, I don't expect Reid would ever stand for TO yelling at a coach in the middle of a game. He's a no nonsense guy. Look how he's had the entire team conducting themselves this season. No one from the team ever placed blame, on McNabb, on the WRs, the defense blaming the offense, etc. I think Reid and McNabb will be able to control TO.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby 9er Fan » Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:17 pm

Weren't the 49'ers going to get a 3rd round compensetory pick if Owens left as a free agent anyway? I don't really see what getting a 3rd round pick in a trade for Owens buys them...
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk