Owens is an eagle - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Owens is an eagle

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby 9er Fan » Tue Mar 16, 2004 5:54 pm

So now that this appears to be over, what's the over/under on how many days it takes Owens to fire his agent?
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:27 pm

Seeing how Owen's agent didnt mess up, as is apparent by the ruling of the arbitration, and his agent got him a contract he likes with the team he wanted, I doubt Owens is at all mad at his agent. This new light on the whole contract voiding deadline certainly explains while Terrell didnt fire his agent outright to begin with. His agent wasn't to blame, the 49ers were in the wrong.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby nebbie2004 » Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:30 pm

AN EAGLE HAS LANDED!!

great for TO , he got what he wanted and was after. good deal luseal
nebbie2004 Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby fantasizing » Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:14 pm

Obviously, this is the best scenario for TO. He gets to play with his team of first choice and so there should be no more bitching and complaining from him next year as he will be fully motivated. The threat TO brings is his run after the catch ability, which you can argue is the best of all the WRs in the league. McNabb isn't going lead him into the endzone with perfect 40 yard spirals, most of TO's damage will be done with short passes, slants, screens, whatever, and his ability to break tackles for long gains. McNabb's scrambling will buy time for TO to get open. And despite being double-teamed, TO is very good at shaking off coverage and finding seams in the defense. I envision TO getting alot of receptions next year, alot. He'll quickly become McNabb's goto guy, no question about it.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby moochman » Wed Mar 17, 2004 2:41 am

TO should definitely fire his agent once the dust settles, his goof reveals what a child TO is. How Gene Upshaw, whose inept runnnig of the players union and decision to move up the date to sign started this whole drama, will somehow keep his job is a mystery. But what I would like to know is; where is the commissioner while this is going on? Hey, Paul Tagliabo, thanks for comming out! :-t :-t :-t Way to earn your paycheck, ya hoser.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Mar 17, 2004 10:22 am

how can someone "blame the eagles" so what, they tried to low ball a team who had a player they wanted, a player who only had interest from one other team, a player whom everyone knew WAS NOT going to play with hsi current team -- its called good bvusiness to not pay more than you have to.

To blame the eagles is ridiculous to say the least.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Football Talk