McNabb goes up?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

McNabb goes up??

Moderator: Football Moderators

McNabb goes up??

Postby aussieboy » Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:13 pm

Going by the cafes first slow mock draft, Mcnabb was the 5th QB selected. Surely the arrival of TO is gonna do him some good. Id have him above McNair thats for sure.

Q-How will the arrival of TO impact on Mcnabb's numbers.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Canacuna » Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:33 pm

I had him ranked #4 without T.O., but I don't see him surpassing Daunte Culpepper, Michael Vick, and Peyton Manning.

...So his value doesn't go up any for me, but only because he was pretty high anyway.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby NittanyLions » Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:51 pm

Canacuna wrote:I had him ranked #4 without T.O., but I don't see him surpassing Daunte Culpepper, Michael Vick, and Peyton Manning.

...So his value doesn't go up any for me, but only because he was pretty high anyway.

I agree. I actually though he was overrated, but now he should be right where he should be, #4. ;-D
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby fantasizing » Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:57 pm

Well I think there's no question that McNabb moves up a notch, especially if he was already ranked in the top 5. McNabb will get alot of "free stats" because TO, after catching a 5 yard dinky pass, will break 2 or 3 tackles and break one for a 70 yard TD.
We sure as hell know that McNabb never got that kind of help from Trash and Stinkston......
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Azrael » Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:21 pm

McNabb was pretty much the consensus 1 QB going into last year...without TO. Now, with TO, he's still No. 4? *Scratches head* Thanks to a subpar start and an ailing thumb, McNabb's value went down the tubes. I think a healthy McNabb with the addition of TO will be good for those of us who let C-Pep, Vick, and Manning pass. He'll go No. 4 because of last year, but he'll perform just as good as the other 3 on average fantasy wise. So let him drop to me as the 4th QB. I'll take it.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby moochman » Wed Mar 17, 2004 2:26 am

That is one of the disappointing things about this debacle. McNabb had a poor season and would have been overlooked by many. But with TO everyone will be aware of McNabb and how much better he will be. There goes a semi-sleeper off the boards.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby Cupertino_11 » Wed Mar 17, 2004 8:10 am

I'd have to say that McNabb's value remains status quo. Seems like we had the same questions surrounding Vick and the arrival of Peerless Price last year. Vick and McNabb get a lot of their points via scrambling ability so although T.O. is now in the mix, McNabb's increase in passing yards and TD's will be offset by his decrease in rushing yards and TD's.

I'd say things remain the same for McNabb, but he's still a top 5 QB anyway you look at it.
Cupertino_11
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Flux » Wed Mar 17, 2004 9:51 am

Cupertino_11 wrote:I'd have to say that McNabb's value remains status quo. Seems like we had the same questions surrounding Vick and the arrival of Peerless Price last year. Vick and McNabb get a lot of their points via scrambling ability so although T.O. is now in the mix, McNabb's increase in passing yards and TD's will be offset by his decrease in rushing yards and TD's.

I'd say things remain the same for McNabb, but he's still a top 5 QB anyway you look at it.

The difference between this situation and the one in Atlanta is that TO is a proven #1, whereas Peerless was not.

I actually think that I might rank him higher than Vick, b/c Vick has yet to show that he has chemistry with Price, and is coming back off a serious injury and may be more timid. Granted, I'm not a huge Vick fan like most people, but I like McNabbs potential better.

I do think his overall numbers will go up w/ TO contrary to Cupertino_11's thoughts. Its much easier to throw for 50 yds than to scramble for 20 yds (not to mention safer). His rushing numbers probably will go down but his passing yards and overall TDs should significantly go up
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Mar 17, 2004 10:30 am

one interesting little stat with mcnabb and the eagles.

The eagles had about 13 incompletions per game. If you assumed ONE of them was the fault of the recivers and not mcnabb -- and gave it back to mcnabb, his completion percentage moves up to basically equal tom brady.

Now we all know that terrel owens would be good for one more completion per game. Two and mcnabb is absoloutely elite in that category.

combined with mcnabb's injury last year, and I think he could be up there, possibly top three. I still would have a hard time putting him ahead of manning, but ahead of culpepper? mcnabb has basically the same weapons as him now (actually more) and more experince and a better team. I think the eagles will be dealing with a short field more often this year.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dazedncnfz » Wed Mar 17, 2004 10:31 am

Flux wrote: The difference between this situation and the one in Atlanta is that TO is a proven #1, whereas Peerless was not.

I do think his overall numbers will go up w/ TO contrary to Cupertino_11's thoughts. Its much easier to throw for 50 yds than to scramble for 20 yds (not to mention safer). His rushing numbers probably will go down but his passing yards and overall TDs should significantly go up

your right about TO be proven, that does make the difference...but all you did in your last paragraph was prove Cupertino right...."Its much easier to throw for 50 yds than to scramble for 20 yds" 1st in McNabb case it might accutaly be easier for him to scramble 20 yards then throw 50 (doesn't throw the prettiest pass in the world)....2nd usually its 2 points for 20 yards rushing...2 points for 50 yards passing...its easier for McNabb to get points rushing then throwing, but TO should make the difference for him..and TO improves McNabbs value no matter how you look at it..

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk