Fletcher goes to San Diego to complete Boston deal - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to San Diego Chargers

Fletcher goes to San Diego to complete Boston deal

Moderator: Football Moderators

Fletcher goes to San Diego to complete Boston deal

Postby WebHamster » Wed Mar 17, 2004 2:01 am

San Diego, CA (Sports Network) - The San Diego Chargers acquired cornerback Jamar Fletcher from Miami Tuesday to complete the David Boston trade.

The Chargers sent Boston to the Dolphins in exchange for a sixth-round selection in the 2005 NFL Draft and a player to be named later.

Fletcher, the Dolphins' 26th overall pick in 2001, served mainly as a backup in his three years in Miami, his best campaign coming in 2002 when he amassed 37 tackles with two interceptions.

Boston, an Ohio State product, was selected in the first round (8th overall) of the 1999 NFL Draft by Arizona. The 25-year-old had 70 catches for 880 yards and seven TDs last season.

For his career, the 6-2, 240-pound Boston has 311 receptions for 4,619 yards and 25 touchdowns.
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

Pick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 204)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby goleafsgo96 » Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:54 am

I dunno about everyone else, but i think this is an awful deal. There goes the one guy who can take some attention of LT, for a decent CB and a crappy pick. Boston is far more valuable than Fletcher, and a 5th rounder doesnt even it out. Now im hopin the Chargers take Fitz with the 1st overall pick.
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Canacuna » Thu Mar 18, 2004 5:51 pm

I'm surprised that's the best offer someone would give for someone like David Boston. If he can put up stud numbers with Jake Plummer, imagine what he could do with a real QB. His numbers really suffered in San Diego, but Drew Brees and Doug Flutie aren't even half as good as Jake Plummer.

...Too bad he's stuck with A.J. Feeley/Jay Fiedler now...
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby NittanyLions » Thu Mar 18, 2004 6:38 pm

*sniffs*
do i smell another losing season?

you draft a QB: wait! we dont have any WRs
you draft a WR: brees had better break out

if they draft fitz this deal will make a TINY BIT of sense, but if they draft a QB ill be scratching my head.
man, i feel the pain the charger fans are feeling right now :-P
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:32 pm

I dunno, what has Boston really done other than his one breakout season? He wouldn't be the first player to have one great year and never another...

Sure, he's been on crappy teams, but that logic both ways. Both teams were always playing from behind, and hence throwing alot. I'm sure alot of what few yards he had last year came in garbage time when the game was already out of hand.

Add into all this that he's a head case who won't listen to his caoches and takes 90 pills a day to make his body completely disproportioned...

I dunno, as a Miami fan, the verdict's still out on Boston in my eyes.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Canacuna » Fri Mar 19, 2004 2:47 am

He might be a little overrated due to his big season in Arizona, but he's done a lot with crappy QBs his whole career. Jake Plummer, Drew Brees, and Doug Flutie = Eww X 3. He may be a headcase and a pill popper, but he's shown flashes of studliness - and if a sixth rounder and a backup CB is all it takes to land him, he's worth the risk, IMO.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby CKY_ROX » Sun Mar 28, 2004 12:28 am

1st of all flutie is a god, and the they need to take fitz now. i would have preffered to have goten siomething for boston but o well

I DO NOT LOVE TOM!!!!!
CKY_ROX
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 5)

Deal looks better now

Postby pallan » Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:11 am

With Boston out for the season(though he says he's coming back, and will be back in 8 weeks) the deal looks like it's in the Chargers favor so far. We should have that draft pick in camp before Boston sees one snap of any regular season game.
pallan
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to San Diego Chargers