AJ Feeley predictions - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

AJ Feeley predictions

Moderator: Football Moderators

AJ Feeley predictions

Postby MCG321 » Wed Mar 17, 2004 8:01 pm

Any predictions stat-wise for AJ Feeley? It sure is a nice offense to walk into. Defenses respecting Ricky, two big physical WRs and an athletic TE...sure looks like he can cook up a good season.

What do you guys think?
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Gunslinger » Wed Mar 17, 2004 8:16 pm

I don't think he'll be a stud, but I suspect he'll surprise some people. I'd rather have him than Boller. LOL
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby sfkierkegaard » Wed Mar 17, 2004 9:39 pm

I think that he'll put up numbers similiar to Quincy Carter.
sfkierkegaard
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby bravelaker » Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:28 pm

[quote="sfkierkegaard"]I think that he'll put up numbers similiar to Quincy Carter.[/quote

this is not a good thing :-o
bravelaker
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Canacuna » Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:31 pm

A.J. Feeley in '04: 5,428 passing yards, 53 TDs, 4 INT.

You heard if here first. ;-7
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby JrcWy » Thu Mar 18, 2004 1:05 am

Truth is nobody knows what to expect out of Feeley. But he won't have long to prove himself before he is pulled for Fiedler. Thats how it works in Miami, people hate Fiedler when he is in and demand him back when he is gone. I am a dolphins fan and more than anything, I would like to see Fiedler start the season. I say this because he has not had the weapons that AJ is about to get in Chambers and Boston. He had a younger Chambers with nobody working opposite of him but now that Chambers is an experienced contender, Jay should get the chance to work with some talented receivers for the first time before we send him packing.
JrcWy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby maddog60 » Thu Mar 18, 2004 1:16 am

Feeley hasnt shown any brilliance at the QB position. However, he has shown the potential to win games. I think he's a better deal than any QB the Dolphins could've gotten at the 2nd round of next year. And at the worst, he gives them a young QB to groom to take over for Fiedler in a few years.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Feeley can put up numbers about average for QBs. He'd make a decent late round pickup if he starts every game. Just use him to fill in that one week or when your main QB has terrible matchups. He's not going to be bottom of the barrel. Quincy Carter, Kyle Boller, Bryon Leftwich, Rex Grossman, Josh McCown, Drew Brees, Carson Palmer, Tim Rattay, and Joey Harrington. Those are some of the starters in this league, and I don't see him fairing worse than any of them. If things go right, he could produce better than Kerry Collins or Tommy Maddox. Granted this isnt anywhere close to the big guns like C-Pep, Manning, etc, but I dont think anyone would truly expect him to be a stud QB.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby eaglesrule » Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:31 am

crapshoot, defintiely.

However, he did win some big games down the stetch when he palyed for the eagles. I mean, he did save the season. His stats weren't great AND he was definitely put in a position to not mess up, rather than win games.

That said, given the expectations of that tema that year, and the philly fishbowl, the grit he showed should say something.

And I will add, he made pinkston look pretty good. he doesn't seem afraid to put up that lob pass near the sideline. He did make some big throws during that tenure,a nd he has a better arm than fiedler.

face it, fiedler hasn't panned out that well, miami ALWAYS seems to hover between 7-9, 9-7 or therabouts. Time to change course I think.

Fantasy wise, I would let someone else take feely.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby awwchrist » Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:42 pm

I'm so glad I'm not a dolphins fan. I don't think I could stand all the BS.

;-D
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby KingGhidra » Thu Mar 18, 2004 1:35 pm

Hey guys, it's me Todd Pinkston the WR guy everyone thinks sucks over in Philadelphia. Remember back in 2002 when McNabb went out with a foot/ankle injury? These were my stats the 4 games Feeley and I played together.

StL: 3 rec 64 yards
@Sea: 7 rec 88 yards TD
Was: 5 rec 49 yards
@Dal: 4 rec 55 yards TD

Not exactly the toughest schedule ever, but definitely promising. Miami is doing much better with a Boston-Chambers-McMichael combo than we ever could do with Thrash-Pinkston-Smith combo. If Miami can get 5 lineman who can pass a physical, that Feeley guy could be the sleeper QB of 2004.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Football Talk