AJ Feeley predictions - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

AJ Feeley predictions

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby TheHeat24 » Thu Mar 18, 2004 3:18 pm

JrcWY wrote:Truth is nobody knows what to expect out of Feeley. But he won't have long to prove himself before he is pulled for Fiedler. Thats how it works in Miami, people hate Fiedler when he is in and demand him back when he is gone. I am a dolphins fan and more than anything, I would like to see Fiedler start the season. I say this because he has not had the weapons that AJ is about to get in Chambers and Boston. He had a younger Chambers with nobody working opposite of him but now that Chambers is an experienced contender, Jay should get the chance to work with some talented receivers for the first time before we send him packing.

You can say he didnt have any talented receivers but since you are a dolphins fan like I partially am, you should have also seen when our marginal receivers did get open he over threw them by a mile. He couldnt hit an open receiver if his life depended on it. How many times has he left chambers out to dry... He also cant throw a deep ball worth shit, at least feeley can throw it... I pray he can take the job from fiedler cuz I cant stand him....

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Sandwich » Thu Mar 18, 2004 3:33 pm

Canacuna = Crack Addict

I am not even sure that this guy is going to start. I anticipate a battle in minicamps and pre-season. We'll see. This guy is a big risk in my book. There are lots of better backups available in the league. I am going to let someone else roll the dice with this guy.
"They're Killing Me Whitey! They're Killing Me"!
The Sandwich
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby eaglesrule » Thu Mar 18, 2004 3:37 pm

the one thing he has going for him is that fiedler is such a known quantity. He wasn't getting the job done before, what indicators are there that he could do it again?

receivers or not, they still had the defense and runninggame, and fielder couldn't even "manage" the team to wins.

Say waht you will abotu lack of experience with feely, but the reality is, he has more experience than anyone you coudl draft, at least nfl experience. lookat what happened to leaf.

I am not the biggest feely fan, but limited sample or not, he helmed a playoff drive team, in a terrible city to play with terrible receivers. That HAS to count for something. No one in the draft can say that, and fiedler himself can't say that.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby KingGhidra » Thu Mar 18, 2004 3:42 pm

eaglesrule wrote:receivers or not, they still had the defense and runninggame, and fielder couldn't even "manage" the team to wins.

So him being the 2nd winningest QB over the course of the last 3 seasons or so doesn't count as managing your team to a win?

Seems to be that, despite all that talent, their D always gave up the ghost late in the season. Their meltdown against New England with a 20 point lead in 2002 is proof of that.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby eaglesrule » Thu Mar 18, 2004 3:49 pm

I would say, that no it really doesn't. How many times did they make the playoffs in those three seasons? ohh yea, right there you go. Feely hasn't either mind you, but he fared well down the stretch drive, fiedler hasn't. Feely has an arm to go downfield with the new weapons, Fiedler doesn't.

Also, who is he second to? brady? I could be wrong, but i would think mcnabb ahs more wins than him as well, the eagles are the winningest team since 2000.

And if he was soo good, why would they put his job up to comeptition? I think it is pretty bad that he can't get them to the playoffs. I would rather have chambers and ricky than trash and duce...
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TheHeat24 » Thu Mar 18, 2004 3:51 pm

That meltdown in 2002 I will give to the coaching staff, Their excuse for throwing on all three downs out of the endzone was
" They were stcking the line one scrimmage" . Thats funny, Ricky had already run for 185 yards before that against 9 man fronts, what was gonna stop him? They didnt put it in the hands of their franchise. And on the note of Fiedler being such a winner, he hasnt gotten them to the playoffs in two of those three seasons... He blows it when the game is on the line.

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby NFLknowitall » Thu Mar 18, 2004 4:47 pm

If A.J. Feeley could not beat out Koy Detmer then how is he going to beat out Jay Fielder and be a solid starting winning QB?

Unless your in a Dynasty League or he lights it up this Preseason then I would not even draft Feeley.

Good Luck Guys.
NFLknowitall
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby eaglesrule » Thu Mar 18, 2004 4:51 pm

it wasn;t that he couldn't reid didn't want him too. Kopy undoubtedly knew the playbook at the team much better by virtue of having been there longer. Koy detmer's nfl career is basically perennial backup on the eagles.

It isn't always a matter of talent.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby KingGhidra » Thu Mar 18, 2004 7:04 pm

eaglesrule wrote:I would say, that no it really doesn't. How many times did they make the playoffs in those three seasons? ohh yea, right there you go.

Where exactly are we going?

They've been 41-23 the last 4 seasons (all winning seasons). They made the playoffs under him in 2000, 2001 and missed by 1 game in 2002, 2003. He missed 5 games due to injury the last 2 seasons and they were 2-3 without him. I can't remember any games off the top of my head when Miami needed a win to make the playoffs and Fiedler didn't show up. I DO remember games when they gave up 20 point leads, called questionable plays and miss 2 FGs then give up a huge TD in OT to lose.

Also, who is he second to? brady? I could be wrong, but i would think mcnabb ahs more wins than him as well, the eagles are the winningest team since 2000.

Beats me. Probably McNabb or Favre.

And if he was soo good, why would they put his job up to comeptition? I think it is pretty bad that he can't get them to the playoffs. I would rather have chambers and ricky than trash and duce...

I think it's pretty bad their defense doesn't travel well and they fall apart at the end of the season. Not Fiedler's fault. In fact, I remember the Miami fans CHEERING when Wannstadt decided to pull Griese in favor of Fiedler in the 2nd half against Washington. The fans know who their leader is. It's ridiculous to pin Miami losses on Fiedler.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby eaglesrule » Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:12 pm

you make some fair points, some taken.

I would still say that fielder did nothing himself to overcome some of thsoe deficiciences either. Other qb's have to deal with quesitonable playcalling themselves.

IMO he hasn't done enough to distance himself or get the benefit of the doubt. What has he really brought to the table to make him the obvisou choice. To each his own I guess, I just don't see the miami system working that well with him ...

I could say that maimi won those games despite fielder, while some of the other winningest qb's teams won because of their qb's. judgment call to be sure.

but Miami has been jsut north of mediocre during his tenure (i know they have wins, but not much playoff success) and they rightfully want some change.

granted they play in a tough division, so who knows?

I guess this is all realted to fantasy so I would see how it shakes out and make one of thsoe players a possible backup.

your comments about the other reasons the team fell apart are fair enough, but maybe he could have done more to score more points to give thema better cushion, who knows? I guess my feeling is that qb is definitely one of the first places to look when a team isn't playing that well (obvious candidates and high powered offenses notwithstanding)

I haven't looked at the stats, but how big are the margins that the d has to defend in the early season games? A defense falling apart is somewhat attributable to how often they are on the field and the situations they are put in over the course of a season. it definitely helps to have the offense plaster some teams to save some juice.

I SWEAR that is what happens to the eagles anymore. Their d has done what is required, but the o can't capitalize.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk