Dillon was on The Best Damn Sports Show... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Dillon was on The Best Damn Sports Show...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby DUKE » Fri Mar 19, 2004 8:44 am

steelyeri wrote:I see it the other way around. I think that it sucks that he had to waste his first years on those sorry ass bengals teams. he ran for 1000 for his first six years, he also set the record for most rushing yards in a single game. Imagine what he could have done with a real O line.

It's Corey's fault that he was a Bengal for so long. He was with them for a few typical miserable years, along with his anual bitching, he was up for a new contract. HE chose the money and stayed, signing a long term deal with the Bengals. He could have gone somewhere else, but he didn't get the offers he thought he would (he's a punk and other teams know it too), so he chose the team that he could get the most money from: The Bengals. He deserves not one ounce of pity.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member
Home Cafe: Football

Postby slowkidz » Fri Mar 19, 2004 8:59 am

DUKE wrote:It's Corey's fault that he was a Bengal for so long. He was with them for a few typical miserable years, along with his anual bitching, he was up for a new contract. HE chose the money and stayed, signing a long term deal with the Bengals. He could have gone somewhere else, but he didn't get the offers he thought he would (he's a punk and other teams know it too), so he chose the team that he could get the most money from: The Bengals. He deserves not one ounce of pity.

I couldn't agree with you more Duke...And I can't stand the Ben-gals.
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Dillon

Postby mig28 » Fri Mar 19, 2004 9:08 am

I'm also not partial to players who show such a lack of class, but Dillon carried that offense for several seasons. In the right situation, I believe he could have a Stephen Davis-like renaissance.
mig28
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Mar 19, 2004 9:10 am

I'm also happy for Marvin Lewis. who is a good guy and a good coach, that he won't have to deal with this cry baby.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby awwchrist » Fri Mar 19, 2004 11:05 am

Duke feel fortunate Bengals management had the opportunity to peep what they had in Rudi during the time Dillon was hurt. If he hadn't gone gimp during the regular season, you may just as well have a Thomas Jones or Charlie Garner in camp eating cap space for this coming season.

At least Dillon did ONE thing right.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby latraffic » Fri Mar 19, 2004 11:56 am

Dillon in Oakland would be a dream come true. Now that the overhyped, under performing Garner is gone and Coach Turner is bulking up the O-line even more, our run game could be DY-NO-MITE this season!
Thank God for Football Season.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby pmix » Fri Mar 19, 2004 1:05 pm

Is this deal every gonna get done??
I'M A CERTIFIED 'SPECIAL MASTER'
pmix
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby steelyeri » Fri Mar 19, 2004 4:49 pm

I don't think it will happen any time soon. the bengals want a 3rd rounder while the raiders are only willing to give up a fourth.Maybe on draft day? Not many teams are interested and I doubt anyone will give them a third rouner. I really hope this deal goes through eventualy though.

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Previous

Return to Football Talk