Kevin Jones' Stock is Falling... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Kevin Jones' Stock is Falling...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Kevin Jones' Stock is Falling...

Postby KingGhidra » Thu Mar 18, 2004 7:19 pm

Canacuna wrote:
ProFootballTalk.com wrote:One person in attendance is describing the workout as "brutal." Another attendee overheard Jones' father screaming into a cell phone that sonny boy "s#%t the bed" and that "he s#@t himself" at the workout.

This is the kind of parent you see attending their kid's little league games and you want to knock him out for being such a jackass. Seems like dad cares more about his son's signing bonus than his son.

Anyway...

Screw 40 times, screw 3 cone drills and screw vertical leaps. Football isn't played in a straight line with no pads. I remember watching VT games and being impressed with him IN GAMES. Maybe he is one of those guys who doesn't lose much off his normal speed when in pads during the pressure of a game.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Gunslinger » Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:31 pm

THIS IS GREAT NEWS! I have the 3rd pick in the rookie draft and now it looks like I may get him. Sweet.

Kevin Jones is the best back in the draft and if he gets picked later because of a couple 40 times it just means that some team is going to get a steal. NE is probably jumping up and down for joy right now.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby VHawk15 » Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:41 pm

Gunslinger wrote:THIS IS GREAT NEWS! I have the 3rd pick in the rookie draft and now it looks like I may get him. Sweet.

You could get Jones with a much lower pick than 3.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby KingGhidra » Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:52 pm

Gunslinger wrote:THIS IS GREAT NEWS! I have the 3rd pick in the rookie draft and now it looks like I may get him. Sweet.

Kevin Jones is the best back in the draft and if he gets picked later because of a couple 40 times it just means that some team is going to get a steal. NE is probably jumping up and down for joy right now.

Strangely enough, New England was the first team I thought of too.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Gunslinger » Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:42 pm

VHawk15 wrote:You could get Jones with a much lower pick than 3.

Doubtful until today's news. The 2 teams ahead of me in the draft need/want RBs.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:56 pm

VHawk15 wrote:

You could get Jones with a much lower pick than 3.

I dunno about that, usually the teams at the front of the rookie draft need a RB, because usually the teams picking first are the ones that finished last, which usually don't have good RB's...
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby VHawk15 » Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:01 pm

I guess I was thinking about the KKL rookie draft. For that order, we just flip-flopped the first round draft order since we haven't played a season yet.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby deftdelivery » Fri Mar 19, 2004 7:15 am

VHawk15 wrote:Steven Jackson's numbers look good. He will definitely be the #1 back chosen.

Yea, I was thinking the same thing - he's one of the few remaining backs with as much speed as he has...Clarrett maybe...but of course you take Jackson over Clarrett
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby nsulham » Fri Mar 19, 2004 11:56 am

Kevin Jones' stock is falling......

.....right into NE's lap at #21 :-)

Seriously though, I think if the Pats had a chance to get Jackson over Jones I would do it, in fact I think it's possible that Jackson could fall to #21. Either way it looks like NE will get the RB they need and not have to move up.
New England Patriots
The 53-man Dynasty
nsulham
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Kevin Jones' Stock is Falling...

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Mar 19, 2004 1:28 pm

KingGhidra wrote:Screw 40 times, screw 3 cone drills and screw vertical leaps. Football isn't played in a straight line with no pads. I remember watching VT games and being impressed with him IN GAMES. Maybe he is one of those guys who doesn't lose much off his normal speed when in pads during the pressure of a game.

I couldn't agree more... Take a look at this article from last year, fellas, and then tell me how important combine and pro-day stats are:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/footba ... /6726.html
Last edited by Plindsey88 on Fri Mar 19, 2004 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk