Bengals pre-season AFC N Favs? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Bengals pre-season AFC N Favs?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Bengals pre-season AFC N Favs?

Postby Daddymike59 » Sat Mar 20, 2004 5:40 am

IF Palmer plays up to his potential and
IF The Bengals give Rudi a true shot at starting and
IF Sapp signs as is being reported...
http://www.sportsline.com/u/partners/ao ... sline.com/

The Bungles may prove very difficult to beat this year

Props to Leber for the nice artwork!
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby converge241 » Sat Mar 20, 2004 7:32 am

i still think the ravnes are the fav to win the division BUT i would not be at al surprised if bengals wrestled that from them or made the playoffs as a wildcard

right now i see it as

balt
cinci
pitt
cleveland
Black and Gold through and through
The Six Time Super Bowl CHAMPIONS
converge241
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Sat Mar 20, 2004 10:06 am

I have trouble trusting a team that has it's best season in years and then changes from a vet QB to an unproven QB. The offense may not click with with Palmer.
This would have a negative affect on how well Rudi does. If the pass game doesn't click it will be easier to stop the run game.
Sapp could also be a financial drain on the cap and is certainly past his prime and could very well be over priced as he seems to be a situational player now.
I don't see Baltimore being unthroned due to the general weakness of the division and the strength of their D. The Stillers could surprise with thier F/A aquisitions and if they can stay healthy. Garcia will help the Browns if they can keep him alive. All in all it should be a close race between probably 3 out of 4 teams, IMO.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby nebbie2004 » Sat Mar 20, 2004 10:10 am

I have to agree with Moochman, I mean Kitna was a Star(Stat wise) last season, I think they should wait one more year on Palmer to let him really be a star for 8 to 9 season when they really need him most.
nebbie2004 Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Bengals

Postby recmccl » Sat Mar 20, 2004 10:11 am

Agrees with the other 2. Cincy is on the right track and it wouldn't be too much of a surprise it they contend. I think Palmer will struggle early in 04, but will improve as the season goes on. Maybe in 05

Ravens
Bengals
Pitt
Browns
recmccl
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Re: Bengals

Postby Gunslinger » Sat Mar 20, 2004 10:32 am

recmccl wrote:Agrees with the other 2. Cincy is on the right track and it wouldn't be too much of a surprise it they contend. I think Palmer will struggle early in 04, but will improve as the season goes on. Maybe in 05

Ravens
Bengals
Pitt
Browns

If J. Lewis plays (which I would expect him to) then I agree with this list. I think the Bengals will follow the Ravens example and let Rudi carry the load this year while allowing Palmer to play a conservative game plan. I especially agree with recmccl's statement that '05 is more realistic. Marvin is doing some good things in Cinci so it won't be long.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby TheHeat24 » Sat Mar 20, 2004 10:47 am

At this point I would take the ravens as long as J Lewis isnt convicted, they are hurting for a receiver bigtime though. If Palmer plays half decent the bengals have a shot at taking it but I really dont see him doin it... Mayb their new logo will help them to a division title.

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby NittanyLions » Sat Mar 20, 2004 12:22 pm

I'm not sold on Palmer. I think the Ravens will take the division thanks to their defense. Now that they lost TO AND M-rob, their offense is even sadder, so I dont see them going anywhere in the playoffs. However, if Palmer surprises me and if sapp signs then They may be able to take this division. But watch for the sleeper steelers ;-7 watch for the steelers if they get a QB and/or OT..plus a CB :-)
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Re: Bengals

Postby sinnlos26 » Sat Mar 20, 2004 2:08 pm

recmccl wrote:Agrees with the other 2. Cincy is on the right track and it wouldn't be too much of a surprise it they contend. I think Palmer will struggle early in 04, but will improve as the season goes on. Maybe in 05

Ravens
Bengals
Pitt
Browns

unfortunately i have to agree. the ravens have been getting stronger every year for a while, and the bengals had a few surprises last season. Pitt has been slipping more and more in about every aspect since after maddox's thing at tennessee :-/ but at least were still better than the browns :-)
sinnlos26 Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby awwchrist » Sat Mar 20, 2004 2:24 pm

Seems like a lot of people are passing on the Browns. Not that I think they'll contend for the division lead...but they can definitely play a solid spoiler this season.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk