Bengals pre-season AFC N Favs? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Bengals pre-season AFC N Favs?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby slowkidz » Sat Mar 20, 2004 5:45 pm

awwchrist wrote:Seems like a lot of people are passing on the Browns. Not that I think they'll contend for the division lead...but they can definitely play a solid spoiler this season.

ty awww ol buddy ol pal.

ill yell it from the roof tops after i see what kind of damage butch does in the draft. :-o
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Canacuna » Sat Mar 20, 2004 5:51 pm

The Bengals are going to have a new logo next year, y0.

New logo = pure awesomeness.

I'm usually reluctant to pick a team with a rookie QB to be successful, but with the lack of other options to choose from in the AFC North, the Bengals get my vote.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby NittanyLions » Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:59 pm

...eventhough we havent even seen the finalized teams, and they will prbably change more...

But i think it comes down to who fills their gaps best, right now they all have weak points !+)
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Homeless » Sat Mar 20, 2004 8:29 pm

Theyre certainly not the division whipping boys anymore, but to call them favorites, thats just not smart, even with Sapp, who they just lost.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby KingGhidra » Sat Mar 20, 2004 8:51 pm

As long as the Ravens stay relatively intact, they are the favorites to win the AFC North. If Baltimore loses Jamal Lewis, Cincinnati suddenly becomes a 12-4 team.
:-D
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby converge241 » Mon Mar 22, 2004 6:48 am

"But watch for the sleeper steelers watch for the steelers if they get a QB and/or OT..plus a CB "

id love to do that..hopefully when i make my final guesses/predictions steelers make enough improvements to make me believe :)
Black and Gold through and through
The Six Time Super Bowl CHAMPIONS
converge241
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby IDF » Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:00 am

they are a on the rise team but i don't think they could beat out the ravens in the division... but maybe a wild card spot...
IDF
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby CC » Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:07 pm

converge241 wrote:"But watch for the sleeper steelers watch for the steelers if they get a QB and/or OT..plus a CB "

id love to do that..hopefully when i make my final guesses/predictions steelers make enough improvements to make me believe :)

Wow the Steelers only need a QB, an OT, and a CB. Just about the 3 hardest positions to fill in football. I like the Bengals this year, and I think they will make a run for the division crown. The Ravens were rock solid on D last year and whoever thinks Jamal Lewis is rushing for 2000 again is dreaming. I think they'll slip a bit but still end up on top of the worst division in football.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby NittanyLions » Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:13 pm

This is a sleeper division. There are 3 teams in rebuilding and a kileler defensive team...the steelers should fill OT and CB for this year...hopefully QB, but if not, who knows, maybe maddox will breakout again. There is still a LOT of offseason to be played and i dont think at this point anyone w=should be counted out or in.
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby jaymz742 » Mon Mar 22, 2004 6:33 pm

Way to many ifs for cinncy to win that division. The best Palmer can do is going to be less than they got out of Kitna last year. Rudi was nice last season as the back-up taking over for the disgruntled starter. You know how that can blow up in your face.

Baltimore is the team to beat!!!!!!!!
jaymz742
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk