Bengals pre-season AFC N Favs? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Bengals pre-season AFC N Favs?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Natala Gala Pampa » Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:04 pm

I'm terrible at predicting records. So take $100 to Vegas and bet on the opposite. You will be rich.

Pittsburgh 10-6 Losing Breuner hurts run offense but Staley is out to prove Philly wrong

Cleveland 9-7 One of the most injured teams last year. A tough group that isn't strong or weak in any area.

Cincinatti 6-10 Defense is still weak. Offense will take a step back.

Baltimore 6-10 Defense is solid but cannot play at same level as last year. Offense? Jamal Lewis and what.
Natala Gala Pampa
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby jaymz742 » Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:28 pm

Can't say i agree with ya NGP. Cleveland is weak in areas. QB, RB, O-line, and d-line in fact didn't Jamel Lewis run for over 500 yards in two games against that front. B-mores offense may not be great but it will be good enough for that division.
jaymz742
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Natala Gala Pampa » Tue Mar 23, 2004 12:49 am

Jamal Lewis did tear them up. Garcia is an upgrade over Holcombe and Couch. Suggs and Green are questionable. D-line was injured for most of last year, but they do need help there. Good point about the O-line. They did have injuries but the starters when healthy aren't all that great. They are a borderline team that could be playoff bound or looking at a top 5 draft pick.
Natala Gala Pampa
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby jaymz742 » Tue Mar 23, 2004 8:04 am

Sorry i did forget about them getting Garcia. They do have a nice core of linebackers, d-line has underachieved (C.Brown). I think there right there with Pittsburgh. It all starts at the o-line.
jaymz742
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby NittanyLions » Tue Mar 23, 2004 2:55 pm

If the steelers get andrews in the draft, then a CB or QB, and one of the other in FA...I'd look for them to go past CLE. They have a solid D already, they just need 1 thing, and their offense is a lot improved since we got duce, so a OT would make them huge contenders, even without a QB ;-D
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

pitt

Postby Daddymike59 » Wed Mar 24, 2004 5:51 am

Hate to Burst your bubble but do you really think staley will make that much difference in Pitts runing game? Agreed the D is still there but even with Ward and Burress unless you hand them the ball someone has to throw it to them. and without a solid running game defenses are going to be coming after whoever may be behind the center. If they get a q/b with some feet and pocket prescence they will contend but deuce isn't going to magically bring that to them. Deuce def gives them an outlet out of the backfield(to save Maddoxs' ass) but I just dont see that much of an improvement.

Props to Leber for the nice artwork!
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby chaindog35 » Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:20 pm

I'm a big bengals fan, but knowing the parity in the NFL, I think the Ravens are still the clear favorites. Also, watch the Browns and Steelers, although I feel that the Bengals have more talent than these two teams.
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby NittanyLions » Wed Mar 24, 2004 3:03 pm

I think the Ravens will struggle. Why? because Jamal lewis proabbly wont have the best season, as the ravens lost their best and only WR, which allows the linebackers to stuff jamal...then the bengals are a ton of "ifs"...and the steelers only problem is will they fill their needs? i think they will...the browns have made some nice moves, but still need to touch up a bit. This will be a close call this year, so I'm just nmot sure that I can be staisfied with saying the Ravens will be on top again
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:04 pm

I don't think Marcus Robinson was drawing double-teams and spreading the field for Lewis. Lewis ran for 2000 yards b/c he had the easiest schedule vs. the run. This is a bad division but the Ravens should take it.

Also it was earlier stated that the Browns had a good linebacker corps? Sorry, but they have one of the worst linebacker corps in the league. Before last year they were really good (Rudd, Holmes etc.) but last year they were terrible, why do you think they gave up so many yards vs. the run?
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby NittanyLions » Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:25 pm

Robinson was their best WR, thats my point, who cares if he draws double teams if you have no one to throw the ball to who is any good. and weakest run? pitt was not weak against the run. ive said it before and ill say it again, this division is full of sleepers, and byt he end of the offseason, i wouldnt be surprised if everyone doesnt stick with the weakest division theory, plus nearly every team is in the rebuilding proces here.
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk