With a question this broad, you have to set some terms before debating this. So think in terms of next season only. Assume all other variables are the same(QB, coach, O-line, division, ect.)Which existing duo would you most like your team's QB throwing to this year? Here is my top ten list:
1) Ward/Burress: Perfect combo; unstoppable with a good QB
2) Bruce/Holt: Bruce is over his prime but still makes this duo a force
3) Harrison/Wayne: Harrison has a pretty good WR on the other side finally
4) Johnson/Warrick: Even though Johnson acts like a child, he plays like a veteran.
5) Chambers/Boston: On the list for pure talent; we’ll see how they play together soon…
6) Moss/scrub: One sided but with Randy Moss it doesn’t matter.
7) KRob/Jackson: Seahawks were smart to keep this combo together for Hasselback.
8) KJohnson/Smith: Neither are super-stars, but are a pair of reliable veterans
9) Boldin/Johnson: Won’t be long before these guys top the list; *maybe Fitz/Boldin though.
10) McCariens/Moss: Another duo of good young talent to watch this year.
these guys have the skills, ward can do just about everything except jump as high as burress. and burress has his height advantage and should work on those hands this year. The runner up is Bruce/Holt as you have.
ward/burress. ward is amazing; sometimes it seems he has glue on his hands- he can pick them out of the air like apples on a tree. burress is a beast, but better for the extreme catches; he needs work on catching easier ones. even with that, though, they are awesome
I like Bruce/Holt also, speed plus great route running. The only thing that might hold them back is when they are off the turf, they aren't quite as good. But, as far as reliable tandems of receivers go, they are probably the best.
Boy, I miss the days of Rice and Taylor!!!
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy. My My YouTube.
With the guidelines you set up you have to give Harrison/Wayne combo a thumbs up. Manning makes them the best combo. Ward/Burress is nice but you don't know what your going to get from week to week with Burress. The sleeper in the mix is going to be Randy Moss and Marcus Robinson.