online service recommendations - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

online service recommendations

Moderator: Football Moderators

online service recommendations

Postby mig28 » Sat Mar 20, 2004 9:15 pm

I am taking my second year, draft anew league out of the stone age this season, and I need all your expert feedback on which service to use.
As I transfer this league from paper to silicon, I want as much scoring flexibility as I can get. Real time scoring, message baords, and online transactions are also a must.
This is a twelve team league, with each roster comprised of 2 QB, 3 RB, 3 WR, 1TE, 2 K, 2 DE/ST (team), and 1 utility player.
Our scoring last year was a a basic 75% TD system, with century bonuses for RBs and WRs; QB bonus @ 300 yds. My owners want to go "point per" on the bonuses this season, so any ideas you have for bonus scoring are also welcome.
Thanks in advance for all your sage advice.
mig28
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby VHawk15 » Sat Mar 20, 2004 9:16 pm

I prefer Yahoo. I'm pretty sure it has all the features you're talking about and the best part is, it's free.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby NittanyLions » Sat Mar 20, 2004 10:07 pm

VHawk15 wrote:I prefer Yahoo. I'm pretty sure it has all the features you're talking about and the best part is, it's free.

Same here...gott a love the free part...its very nice for a free service and has suited me fine ;-D
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Arrowhead Nation » Sun Mar 21, 2004 9:25 pm

Fanball.com...you get what you pay for, and you get a TON more than Yahoo, for a small cost per team.
Arrowhead Nation
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SeaWolf » Sun Mar 21, 2004 11:19 pm

Sportsline is OK but pricey. I perfer http://www.myfanastyleague.com or http://www.rtsports.com . Both have a charge to use, but the price in minimal.
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby IDF » Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:07 am

SeaWolf wrote:Sportsline is OK but pricey. I perfer http://www.myfanastyleague.com or http://www.rtsports.com . Both have a charge to use, but the price in minimal.

i like myfantasyleague.com too it has a bunch of cool features live scoring, a very cool site
IDF
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby pmix » Mon Mar 22, 2004 12:06 pm

kevinashcraft wrote:Fanball.com...you get what you pay for, and you get a TON more than Yahoo, for a small cost per team.

I think our league is gonna swith to fanball.com, by the time most of the guys were paying for statracker (commonly refered to as craptracker on this site), we could have saved some money going to a fee based site.
I'M A CERTIFIED 'SPECIAL MASTER'
pmix
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby TheHeat24 » Mon Mar 22, 2004 5:33 pm

If you want a free service you have to go with Yahoo... However two years ago my buddies and I used Sandbox.com before they started charging. It is an amazing setup if you want to pay for it.

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk