The best way to loss money.....Open ones mouth - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The best way to loss money.....Open ones mouth

Moderator: Football Moderators

The best way to loss money.....Open ones mouth

Postby mikehunt » Sun Mar 21, 2004 2:25 am

I was serfing as normal to find news and after actually getting through a full artical on espn from Len Pasquarelli. ( which is rare.) I found this which is more jut FOOD FOR THOUGHT. here is the link also.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/s ... id=1763194

Anyone who witnessed the appearance this week of Cincinnati tailback Corey Dillon on Fox's "Best Damn Sports Show Period," saw a desperate man saying some desperate things in a desperate effort to get his sorry self traded. Preferably, as evidenced by his choice of a vintage Bo Jackson game jersey, to the Oakland Raiders. But while Dillon stopped just shy of fully inserting his boots into his pie hole, he might have cost himself some money, should Bengals officials press the issue. Here's why: When he signed his $25 million-plus contract with Cincinnati before the 2001 season, the deal included the controversial "loyalty clause" the Bengals were writing into contracts. The clause gives the franchise the right to attempt to recover all or a part of a signing bonus if a player makes publicly disparaging remarks about the club. While he ripped right offensive tackle Willie Anderson and tailback Rudi Johnson directly, Dillon skirted around taking team management to task, although he wasn't particularly flattering in discussing head coach Marvin Lewis. Discerning whether Dillon violated the terms of the "loyalty clause" likely is a matter of interpretation and one the Bengals, who would prefer just to trade Dillon and be rid of the headache he has become, probably won't pursue. But it is an issue that hangs out there and that the Bengals can use as leverage. As confirmed here last week, the Raiders continue to pursue Dillon but have not offered a third-round choice for him, as some media reports have indicated.

Thoguht it was interesting that one could actually loss money by dissing there team. Brings true meaning to " don't bite the hand that feeds."

Later Mike
mikehunt
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby mikehunt » Sun Mar 21, 2004 5:15 am

Man I have to stop doing Night shift post my spelling is sosssooooo bad. Hope you people can make out what I am saying.
mikehunt
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby NittanyLions » Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:58 pm

I heard some reporters talking about how he is talking himself out of moiney. HE is a jerk...can't any players just keep their mouth from running off and/or getting arrested :-[ I especially hate it when other players talk about teammate negatively like he did to Rudi. He deserves to be ripped out of money for his mouth. teams dont like that in their locker rooms. :-t
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Dillon & others

Postby recmccl » Sun Mar 21, 2004 8:46 pm

NittanyLions wrote:I heard some reporters talking about how he is talking himself out of moiney. HE is a jerk...can't any players just keep their mouth from running off and/or getting arrested :-[ I especially hate it when other players talk about teammate negatively like he did to Rudi. He deserves to be ripped out of money for his mouth. teams dont like that in their locker rooms. :-t

Ditto. Just shows no class
recmccl
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk