Is it worth going for double points? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Is it worth going for double points?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Is it worth going for double points?

Postby aussieboy » Sun Mar 21, 2004 7:10 am

What are your opinions on drafting a QB and WR from the same team and essentially going for double points. Yes i realise that you also run the risk of getting a really low score if the team does poorly, but if ur able to get a decent QB-WR duo this should be rare, ie Bulger-Holt, Moss-Cpepp, McNabb-TO....etc etc......a guy from my league last yr had Cpepp and Moss and did v.well. Like i said its clearly a risk, but is it worth taking in some instances (like the ones i previously mentioned) and thus reap the healthy rewards?
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby mannubhai » Sun Mar 21, 2004 7:12 am

I dont like putting all my eggs in one basket. I would rather have Cpep-Harrison, Manning- TO, McNabb- Moss combo.
mannubhai
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Purple_Pride » Sun Mar 21, 2004 8:08 am

I personally dont think you should worry about it. For example CPepp could have a terrible game with 4 picks but still had Moss rip off an 70 yard TD. i think your best bet is just to choose the best possible players when your pick comes up not worrying about the team.
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby eaglesrule » Sun Mar 21, 2004 2:18 pm

i don't think it matters as much as some make it out to be. You gotta put the highest possible scorers in there, regardless IMO. However, one problem with it is the bye weeks are the same, so yoyu are really depleted that week.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Lushcrush » Sun Mar 21, 2004 2:25 pm

Good points listed above. On the other hand, if you are going to hook a QB with his WR, you must draft with their bye date in mind. Not too hard to do ...
I like to do the QB/WR thing and it has probably won me more games than it has caused me to lose. But its not a big deal ... you can always adjust your roster if you're crapping out.
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Sun Mar 21, 2004 4:15 pm

I like the idea, but only if you can get an elite tandem. A guy in my league just obliterated me one week thanks to Bulger and Holt teaming up for 2 TDs and like 150 yards.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby nebbie2004 » Sun Mar 21, 2004 4:21 pm

if your gonna do this, Cpepper and Moss is the best tandem no doubt, but bye weeks could kill you if you dnnt have depth, overall do if you want, but i would worry about getting the best players in a draft cause in a draft you might not be able to get those two or any other tandem from the same team.
nebbie2004 Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby eaglesrule » Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:46 am

which leads to an interesting question. if this is the case, do you jsut draft and try and take your bye week lumps in one or two weeks, rather than spread around? If I could, I would be tempted to take it to jsut get it over with, take a loss, then be full strength for the season.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Football Talk