Lynch a Bronco - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Lynch a Bronco

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Roseman » Mon Mar 22, 2004 6:34 pm

Good pick up but seems like a lot of money for safety the doens run so well anymore and has a bum neck that might hurt his hitting
Roseman
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Drinkin a Beer, I am from Canada that is all we do here!!!

Lynch

Postby recmccl » Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:06 pm

Denver is doing a good job upgrading the DEF. Top 15 next yr for sure.
recmccl
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Re: Lynch

Postby NittanyLions » Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:33 pm

recmccl wrote:Denver is doing a good job upgrading the DEF. Top 15 next yr for sure.

They were top 15 last year, and i do hope that with the additions and lack of subtractions means they move into the top 10. Last year I think their weakness was getting burned in the secondary, and they have definately patched that up quick. If they sign dillon, i have them high in the standing for next year ;-D
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:42 pm

If Lynch can stay healthy this is a great signing for the Broncos. They solidified their secondary and will probably concentrate on offensive help in the draft, I would imagine. They are expected to announce the signig of Luther Elliss, DL, from the Lions tomorrow. He is a career under-achiever because of persistant injury problems. Dunno why Denver would bother, but if he comes cheap and can stay healthy...
Will the Broncos go after one of the many big WRs in the draft? Who are they targeting at RB, Bell? Any Bronco fans with views on this? Could be a great team next year if Portis turns out to be a figment fo the Broncos system.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby NittanyLions » Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:50 pm

I heard so much about Denver and troupe, but now that they got Weaver to replace Sharpe, will they attack the RB position? I think that is very possible. Bronco fans probably know better though !+)
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Cupertino_11 » Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:55 pm

I'm in agreement with the Lynch signing. If he can stay healthy, it adds yet another positive leader to an already stout defense. With Al Wilson, Champ Bailey, Trevor Pryce, and now Lynch there should be no lack of spark on this D and I'd no longer consider their secondary a weakness.

Denver will be a top five defense this year.
Cupertino_11
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Gunslinger » Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:37 pm

NittanyLions wrote:I heard so much about Denver and troupe, but now that they got Weaver to replace Sharpe, will they attack the RB position? I think that is very possible. Bronco fans probably know better though !+)

There seems to be a lot of disagreement on the boards I'm reading. Everyone agrees on the positions but nobody agrees on the priority. WR, RB, LB, and DL (not sure about Ellis or how he'll hold up) seem to be the most popular requests. If they don't get Dillon or another solid FA then RB would be probable in the first 2 rounds. Bell and Turner are the most popular names but if Jones falls to them because of the low 40 numbers he put up this week they would probably jump on him. However, here's my disclaimer: I AM IN NO WAY AN EXPERT - just a fan.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby CC » Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:43 pm

They should grab a DT for sure in the first round, I know the Broncos can get a good RB in the second round. LBs can be had later in the draft, and Lelie could be a breakout candidate this year.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby awwchrist » Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:59 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote: Lelie could be a breakout candidate this year.

just like last year..

and the year before that...
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Gunslinger » Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:09 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:They should grab a DT for sure in the first round, I know the Broncos can get a good RB in the second round. LBs can be had later in the draft, and Lelie could be a breakout candidate this year.

They just signed Luther Ellis who is an injury prone, yet talented DT. Not sure how that will work out but it probably means that they wouldn't spend the 1st round pick on a DT.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk