More bad news fin fans - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Miami Dolphins

More bad news fin fans

Moderator: Football Moderators

More bad news fin fans

Postby NittanyLions » Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:27 pm

Sorry, but looks like ogunleye wont stay...That is a shame hes a great DE and has pretty good speed too. But he just costs too much and Miami doesnt have the cap room. It seems that he won't sign til he gets a long-term contract or is traded according ot his agent. Or he could not sign the tender in 30 days and only be allowed to play in the final 6 games, and then get a lowered salary and be a FA next spring without any cost to the fins. Interesting scenerio but in all likelyhood that won't happen. The teams interested in him are: minnesota and Chicago

i cant give you the article since it from espn insider and you cant get in or copy, but this thing is great i just go it today B-)
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby UtopianHopes » Mon Mar 22, 2004 6:29 pm

oh, well. I really thinking getting another 1st round pick can really help us, though. We get a shot at another de or tackle, we might be able to move up, too.
UtopianHopes
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby TheHeat24 » Fri Mar 26, 2004 4:26 pm

In all honestly as good as ogunleye is, you could pretty much put anyone at that other defensive end spot opposite j taylor and he will produce sacks, I think the dolphins could use the third and first rounder theyd get for him if he signs elsewhere.

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Canacuna » Fri Mar 26, 2004 4:48 pm

TheHeat24 wrote:I think the dolphins could use the third and first rounder theyd get for him if he signs elsewhere.

...I don't know - those extra picks, especially the first rounder, could be counter productive to the team as a whole. ;-7

Anyway, it sounds like the Bears are pretty interested (although not enough to surrender the first and third). Miami might still come away with something, though.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Return to Miami Dolphins