nfl's top receiving TRIO? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

nfl's top receiving TRIO?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Indy as well

Postby jjdub » Tue Mar 23, 2004 12:48 pm

I also have to go with Indy, but I might also include the trio from San Diego:
LaDainian, LaDainian, LaDainian
(actually I just wish SD had a receiving trio to speak of... maybe then they would win more than 4)
jjdub
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby VHawk15 » Tue Mar 23, 2004 12:52 pm

Canadian Seahawk wrote:
KingGhidra wrote: Seattle's trio doesn't even belong with those previously mentioned.

I liked you much more when you used to be smart.

Me too. Alas, those days may be over. ;-)

But seriously, my top two would be Indy's trio and of course, Seattle's trio.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby awwchrist » Tue Mar 23, 2004 1:01 pm

KingGhidra wrote:
awwchrist wrote:granted Krob didn't have the year everyone expected him to..but Jackson came through once again..

And it's apparent you didn't see Engram play this season otherwise you'd rethink your Chrebet statement. Engram is absolutely the best 3WR in the game.

I love Engram. He was the most consistent WR they had for a stretch of several weeks. However D-Jax & K-Rob don't add up to the 1-2 punch of some of the elite WR duos, so there's no way Engram brings THAT much to the table. They have the potential to, but they don't.

Here's some of the trios you mentioned, along with Seattle (who apparently DOES belong there)

Cleveland: 1821 yds, 10TDs

Wash: 2164 yards 17 TDs

Dallas: 2176 yds 11 TDs (Included a full season of Keyshawn numbers and dropped Galloway)

Pitt: 2387 yards 15 TDs

Jets: 2431 20TDs (included a full season of your boy Chrebet all 513 yards and 2 TDs and dropped Conway for McCaerins' numbers)

Indy: 2651 yards, 20 TDs (dropped stokley for Pollard since rec #'s were in TE favor)

Seattle: 2670 yards, 19 TDs

STL: 3172 yards 20 TDs
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 23, 2004 1:44 pm

Shatner8 wrote:Another Trio worth a look is the Bengals with Johnson, Warrick and Washington, i think they could easily be the top trio in a few years. Also, with the recent signing of Marcus Robinson. Moss/Robinson/Bates could be great also

I beleive that Min released D.Bates. :-?

Friendliness: %

Postby KingGhidra » Tue Mar 23, 2004 1:55 pm

awwchrist wrote:(included a full season of your boy Chrebet all 513 yards and 2 TDs and dropped Conway for McCaerins' numbers)

Seems like everyone is fond of Kornheiser these days. ;-D
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby TheRawDAWG » Wed Mar 24, 2004 3:09 pm

Well I like the Colts trio. Can't beat that one. And the Vikings shouldn't really be mentioned cause this is trio talk not indivual talk. Moss is great but his supporting cast aint all that good. And when evaluating receivers you have to look at this years potential not what they did last year. Thats just dumb as things and systems change. To put in Keyshawn's numbers from last year to prove a point is DUMB. Keyshawn has a much more defined role and will get the ball more. Which in turn will open up the field for the other receivers. I think the Cowboys receivers compliment each other more than any other trio in the league. They all do their thing and bring different skills to the table. Too bad they have Q throwing them the ball.
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby NittanyLions » Wed Mar 24, 2004 3:15 pm

KingGhidra wrote:
awwchrist wrote:(included a full season of your boy Chrebet all 513 yards and 2 TDs and dropped Conway for McCaerins' numbers)

Seems like everyone is fond of Kornheiser these days. ;-D

I'm not :-t I dont like half the ESPN guys...probably because I'ma pirate fan and have suffered long summers of ESPN's rath :-#
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby terpfan » Wed Mar 24, 2004 5:46 pm

tony's awesome! ;-D

dont worry nittany, kornheiser and wilbon arent espn guys they are washington post guys! i dont like espn's analysts either...
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby mikehunt » Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:02 pm

My picks are STL, and PITT.

I don't know if the whole idea of trio is explained very well. To many variables have to be considered. In search of the absoulute best trio ( meaning three people that work together for one cause). It would be Pitts and Stl more than likely neck and neck. Here is why.

PLease remeber this was a quick visual calculation from the last three years and doesn't inclued trades,waives,or resignings. Just the teams system.

Anyways why I say this is in both cases Pitts and Stl have had there top 2 recievers in the top thirty of all wr's for the last three years. both buress and Ward for pitt which in the last two years was complemented by Randle El. Also Bruce and Holt but there #3 guy has changed but still was noticed and locker is in a good Prohle mold. You might also include Oak with Rice and Brown being the top two then complemented by Porter for the last two years then Garner the year prior.

To inclued Ind is this group or even Minn would not quit work since these teams rely on one wr to perform and the others get a toss when the main wr is tied up. Sea is become a triple threat but has not had the yards prior to last year to be a proven trio.

One might be looking for what is to come more that what has happened in the past. For what I see it is all by what you have done as a team (trio) to be called the best.

All and all the only good dynamic trio included a girl in tight spandex calling herself a bat.

Mike

p.s sorry for the bad joke.
mikehunt
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:36 pm

awwchrist wrote:
KingGhidra wrote:
awwchrist wrote:granted Krob didn't have the year everyone expected him to..but Jackson came through once again..

And it's apparent you didn't see Engram play this season otherwise you'd rethink your Chrebet statement. Engram is absolutely the best 3WR in the game.

I love Engram. He was the most consistent WR they had for a stretch of several weeks. However D-Jax & K-Rob don't add up to the 1-2 punch of some of the elite WR duos, so there's no way Engram brings THAT much to the table. They have the potential to, but they don't.

Here's some of the trios you mentioned, along with Seattle (who apparently DOES belong there)

Cleveland: 1821 yds, 10TDs

Wash: 2164 yards 17 TDs

Dallas: 2176 yds 11 TDs (Included a full season of Keyshawn numbers and dropped Galloway)

Pitt: 2387 yards 15 TDs

Jets: 2431 20TDs (included a full season of your boy Chrebet all 513 yards and 2 TDs and dropped Conway for McCaerins' numbers)

Indy: 2651 yards, 20 TDs (dropped stokley for Pollard since rec #'s were in TE favor)

Seattle: 2670 yards, 19 TDs

STL: 3172 yards 20 TDs

good job AwwC ;-D
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk