nfl's top receiving TRIO? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

nfl's top receiving TRIO?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby TheRawDAWG » Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:12 pm

Canadian Seahawk wrote:
awwchrist wrote:
KingGhidra wrote:
awwchrist wrote:granted Krob didn't have the year everyone expected him to..but Jackson came through once again..

And it's apparent you didn't see Engram play this season otherwise you'd rethink your Chrebet statement. Engram is absolutely the best 3WR in the game.

I love Engram. He was the most consistent WR they had for a stretch of several weeks. However D-Jax & K-Rob don't add up to the 1-2 punch of some of the elite WR duos, so there's no way Engram brings THAT much to the table. They have the potential to, but they don't.

Here's some of the trios you mentioned, along with Seattle (who apparently DOES belong there)

Cleveland: 1821 yds, 10TDs

Wash: 2164 yards 17 TDs

Dallas: 2176 yds 11 TDs (Included a full season of Keyshawn numbers and dropped Galloway)

Pitt: 2387 yards 15 TDs

Jets: 2431 20TDs (included a full season of your boy Chrebet all 513 yards and 2 TDs and dropped Conway for McCaerins' numbers)

Indy: 2651 yards, 20 TDs (dropped stokley for Pollard since rec #'s were in TE favor)

Seattle: 2670 yards, 19 TDs

STL: 3172 yards 20 TDs

good job AwwC ;-D

BAD Job!! I'm not saying the numbers are bad. But I totally disagree with what you're saying. It doesn't matter what they did last year. It matters what they will do this year. Are you telling me Keyshawn's value is the same in Dallas this year that it was in TB last year? And McCariens is the same value in NY? Things change. You can't always base things on stats from the previous year. I could see if every team kept the same players, coaches and systems each year. Then maybe these stats would mean something but since they don't, they don't. You have to try to use your imagination in what each player can do for each team. And who will be throwing them the ball has alot to do with it as well. Do you think the Jets receivers are going to be better or worse with Pennington throwing the ball? How does that phrase go? Statistics never lie and liers use statistics? Something like that.
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Gunslinger » Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:36 pm

I think his point was that the Seattle trio does belong there and since Seattle re-signed Jackson the trio should remain in-tact. Therefore there shouldn't be much difference in the numbers thus putting them near (or at) the top.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby mannubhai » Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:49 pm

I think Baltimore deserves a mention too. :-b

Can someone name three WR playing for the Ravens?

Personally I think Indy has the best set of wide recievers.

Other honorable mention that deserve a mention are

New Orleans Saints
mannubhai
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby terpfan » Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:52 pm

mannubhai wrote:I think Baltimore deserves a mention too. :-b

Can someone name three WR playing for the Ravens?

Personally I think Indy has the best set of wide recievers.

Other honorable mention that deserve a mention are

New Orleans Saints

travis taylor... uhhh

hold on...

wait for it...

heap? :-?
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby JrcWy » Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:51 pm

mannubhai wrote:I think Baltimore deserves a mention too. :-b Can someone name three WR playing for the Ravens?

There are only three WR listed on Baltimore's depth chart:
Travis Taylor: 39 receptions last years
Frank Sanders: 14
Ron Johnson: 1
Total: 54 Receptions

And here are the interception leaders from last year:
Ed Reed: 7 Interceptions
Ray Lewis: 6
Chris McAlister: 3
Total: 16 Interceptions last year

Based on this, I am going to have to say RLewis, McAlister, and Reed are the most reliable trio considering the fact that they caught 30% of what the WR trio caughtdespite being on defense, granted they got to work with better QBs. :-)
JrcWy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby awwchrist » Wed Mar 24, 2004 11:24 pm

BAD Job!! I'm not saying the numbers are bad. But I totally disagree with what you're saying. It doesn't matter what they did last year. It matters what they will do this year. Are you telling me Keyshawn's value is the same in Dallas this year that it was in TB last year? And McCariens is the same value in NY? Things change. You can't always base things on stats from the previous year. I could see if every team kept the same players, coaches and systems each year. Then maybe these stats would mean something but since they don't, they don't. You have to try to use your imagination in what each player can do for each team. And who will be throwing them the ball has alot to do with it as well. Do you think the Jets receivers are going to be better or worse with Pennington throwing the ball? How does that phrase go? Statistics never lie and liers use statistics? Something like that.

:-°

whatever.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby alfan » Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:28 pm

If your going to do tri's how's about:
KC Gonzo, Morton, Kenninson
NYG Hilliard, Toomer, Shockey

Both trio's are deadly
alfan
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby terpfan » Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:59 pm

alfan wrote:If your going to do tri's how's about:

Both trio's are deadly

eh im not sure id call either deadly.

gonzo is great but hes a not the deep threat that a great wr would be, and kennison and morton dont scare anyone.

hilliard is solid but not great, and toomer and shockey had down years. again... not scary.

just my opinion tho. ;-)
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby TheRawDAWG » Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:14 pm

alfan wrote:If your going to do tri's how's about:

Both trio's are deadly

Yeah I wouldn't call either trio 'Deadly'. Morton and Kennison are laughable. The only reason they put up half decent numbers is because Gonzo down the middle, Priest running the ball, and the Oline giving Green all day to find them.

Hilliard, Toomer and Shockey might be better with a better QB and RB. But they haven't proven they are good enough to be mentioned in this thread yet.
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bungle613 » Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:40 pm

Didn't go through alll the posts but read some.

How about Moss and anyone else. 2609 yards and 23 td's. That is with Campbell and Burleson as #2 and #3. Put Moe Williams in there and the numbers increase.

Moss and Robinson and Burleson this year. Look out. Everyone seems to have a short memory. Really bothered me this year drafting when Owens and Harrison weereranked above Moss. HE is a punk but he is the most talented receiver in the game. Bar none.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk