Keyshawn introduced in Dallas - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Keyshawn introduced in Dallas

Moderator: Football Moderators

Keyshawn introduced in Dallas

Postby WebHamster » Tue Mar 23, 2004 2:02 am

Irving, TX (Sports Network) - Keyshawn Johnson was introduced in Dallas on Monday after a big deal last week reunited him with Cowboys head coach Bill Parcells.

Dallas got Johnson from Tampa Bay in exchange for wide receiver Joey Galloway. The deal had been in the works since late February.

"I know what coach Parcells expects from his players, what he expects from me," Johnson said.

Johnson, who was deactivated from the Bucs in November, agreed to a contract almost three weeks ago with Dallas. The deal, however, stalled after Galloway and the Buccaneers couldn't agree on a contract.

Tampa Bay made Johnson inactive for the final six games last season, citing his ongoing problems with head coach Jon Gruden as a detriment to the team.

Both wide outs had down seasons in 2003. Johnson played just 10 games and posted 45 catches for 600 yards and three touchdowns. Galloway had 34 catches for 672 yards and two TDs in 15 games last season.

Johnson played for Parcells while with the Jets. He was picked first overall by New York in the 1996 NFL Draft and spent four seasons with the club.
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

Pick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 204)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tddf30 » Sun Apr 04, 2004 2:43 pm

Even though i dont like the Bucs i have a feeling that this will help them more than the Cowboys
tddf30
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ibeckhami » Sat Jun 12, 2004 1:51 am

i think they will both take an equal reward for this...
ibeckhami
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Tampa Bay Buccaneers