chargers might pass on Eli. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

chargers might pass on Eli.

Moderator: Football Moderators

chargers might pass on Eli.

Postby steelyeri » Tue Mar 23, 2004 12:20 pm

They held workouts for top Qb prospects and it looks like they liked big ben more.

http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=2252116

Scouts had predicted ben as the top prospect but eli was thought of as going first because of his name. not any more?

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Possible premature

Postby jjdub » Tue Mar 23, 2004 12:41 pm

One thing that is odd about this article is that it was posted before the Chargers even had their workout with Manning (which is going on right about now) so I don't think this is based their impressions after the workouts but before (or maybe between Ben and Eli's workouts)...
jjdub
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby moochman » Tue Mar 23, 2004 12:48 pm

Dan Pompei predicted the Lions to win the SB a few years ago, so I wouldn't put much stock in what he says. He likes to grasp at straws so he can look good if it happens. However, the Chargers have been making one bone-headed move after another so anything is possible.
If they were to swap #1s with the Cards for a late round pick they could still get Rothlesburegsdrfgalger or even Rivers, who had been very impressive in tryouts. Should be an interesting draft for a lot of teams.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby The Sandwich » Tue Mar 23, 2004 1:30 pm

Either way, they need a stud. If they go WR fine if they go QB fine. IMO this team has too many holes to fill through the draft. They need to make some trades to be competitive.

:-o
"They're Killing Me Whitey! They're Killing Me"!
The Sandwich
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby KingGhidra » Tue Mar 23, 2004 2:01 pm

The Sandwich wrote:Either way, they need a stud. If they go WR fine if they go QB fine. IMO this team has too many holes to fill through the draft. They need to make some trades to be competitive.

:-o

They should do what I did in the mock draft. ;-)

With that #1 pick, they should trade down for a shot at Shawn Andrews (who I wanted to get when I was trying to get Jax's #9 pick). An improvement at the OT position upgrades both Tomlinson and their QB. Otherwise they can trade further down for a shot at a top DE/DT prospect.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby NittanyLions » Tue Mar 23, 2004 3:04 pm

The steelers get andrews KG :-[ ;-)
Anyway i read ben actually COULD fall to the steelers or even the giants if a few things happen. i read this in espn insider and i dont think it will happen, but its interesting anyway. I dont think you can go wrong in drafting either QB. But i agree, they should trade down ;-D
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby goleafsgo96 » Tue Mar 23, 2004 5:22 pm

If im SD, which im not, im passing on all qbs an giving brees one more year. Im either trading down a bit an drafting Robert Gallery, or im taking FItz #1 overall. Has to be one of those two, cmon front pffice! :-[
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Flux » Tue Mar 23, 2004 7:55 pm

I'd try and trade for Kitna (3rd rd or so), take Fitz #1 and then go for an O-linemen in the 2nd rd
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Canacuna » Tue Mar 23, 2004 8:18 pm

I would trade LaDainian Tomlinson for the Chicago Bears and use the number one draft pick on Larry Fitzgerald.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby moochman » Tue Mar 23, 2004 8:50 pm

Canacuna wrote:I would trade LaDainian Tomlinson for the Chicago Bears and use the number one draft pick on Larry Fitzgerald.

The Bears turned it down, they already have the A-train and Thomas Jones.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Next

Return to Football Talk