Eric Crouch to try out a new position in Green Bay... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Eric Crouch to try out a new position in Green Bay...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CC » Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:15 pm

That's pretty much every Heisman winner who came to the NFL. Remember all the stellar games from former Heisman winners Chris Wienke and Rashaan Salaam among others? No its not just you, there never were any.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby NittanyLions » Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:18 pm

Good point, Heisman winners have a jinx...most suck. I never really thought about it past Dayne. Weinke was one of CAR's tested QBs, though i dont remember salaam too well. Jason white will be a bust too !+)
Last edited by NittanyLions on Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby TheHeat24 » Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:18 pm

Cheese I hope you arent saying that all heisman winners are bums... Ricky Williams, Earl Campbell ring a bell... Texas' finest I might add

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby hayesb26 » Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:21 pm

Eddie George as well :-b

As for Crouch, I could see him doing decent in the CFL, but he wont make it in the bigs :-?
hayesb26
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:31 pm

Obviously not all Heisman winners are busts. I'll add Barry Sanders to the tandem of Ricky and Earl. But a substantial proportion are. Palmer has a chance to break the recent jinx, but we know that Jason White won't do anything.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby NittanyLions » Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:33 pm

OK i did some research, of the last 10 heisman winners, 7 have been busts, exceptions: Ricky, eddie, and palmer, which is yet to be decided. 11 of the last 15 have been, with the other exception to of course barry sanders.
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby EatMyShorts092 » Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:04 pm

no love for charles woodson...he was a heisman winner and i dont no if hes that big of a bust....also i duno if ur goin back to 93 but charlie ward isnt playin football anymore but he had a good nba career lol
EatMyShorts092
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby CC » Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:08 pm

Charles Woodson is definetly not a bust, he's lockdown.
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby NittanyLions » Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:19 pm

i meant to put him in there my bad, i initially had him in then my brain had a fart while i was typing :*) add charles to that list
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby JrcWy » Wed Mar 24, 2004 11:03 pm

TheHeat24 wrote:I would also like to note that he is from nebraska and i predesposed to hating him.

I don't know if I have ever heard a more intelligent sentence. I love the fact that you can be from anywhere in the country and still develop that natural hatred for those overrated, schedule-padding, inbred huskers!
JrcWy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk