Who wants to be a Commissionaire? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Classifieds

Who wants to be a Commissionaire?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who wants to be a Commissionaire?

Postby ironman » Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:00 pm

I've got an interesting proposal.

I'm looking to downsize my overall participation in Fantasy sports. By doing so I'm looking to resign from a few leagues I currently commish.

I'm looking for a dedicated responsible preson to take over the helm as commish of a football keeper I run on Yahoo.

Its 16 teams H2H with no defense and high offensive points. We currently keep 3 guys from one year to the next. As commish you would be in charge of maintaining all records and files and would be come sole owner of the league's Yahoo Group. You would also be taking over my team as I would be completely removing myself from this league.

This is a fun league with some very active managers. I'd hate to the kill the league altogether on them so I'm looking for someone to keep it alive for their sake.

Preference given towards people with Yahoo and Commish experience.

Email me at mailto:fantasybastard@lycos.com if you're interested.
ironman
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jaymz742 » Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:06 pm

Dude why don't you get one of the current players to take over the commish dutys? Find a replacement for your team. That i understand but, I wouldn't want the new guy to take over the entire operation. I don't know many people that would want to be the new guy and have all that stuff to take care of. Anyways good luck!
jaymz742
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Canacuna » Fri Mar 26, 2004 4:42 pm

jaymz742 wrote:Dude why don't you get one of the current players to take over the commish dutys? Find a replacement for your team. That i understand but, I wouldn't want the new guy to take over the entire operation. I don't know many people that would want to be the new guy and have all that stuff to take care of. Anyways good luck!

I agree. Promoting someone from within is probably the best way to handle any commissioner vacancies. Find a new guy to take over your team - no commish duties attached.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby ironman » Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:18 pm

Canacuna wrote:
jaymz742 wrote:Dude why don't you get one of the current players to take over the commish dutys? Find a replacement for your team. That i understand but, I wouldn't want the new guy to take over the entire operation. I don't know many people that would want to be the new guy and have all that stuff to take care of. Anyways good luck!

I agree. Promoting someone from within is probably the best way to handle any commissioner vacancies. Find a new guy to take over your team - no commish duties attached.

That's what I initially tried to do but no one seems to want to take on that responsibility, which brought me to here.
ironman
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bennett4prez » Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:48 pm

Sounds intriguing, but poor keeper setup, in my opnion. 12 teams, no defensive players. Sorry, outlook not so good...
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby jaymz742 » Thu Apr 15, 2004 6:28 pm

Sorry guy but it doesn't sound like a good deal to me. theres 15 other guys in the league and no one wants to be commish? They sound like a bunch of bums. I say leave them hanging if you don't want to do it anymore. Its cool that you want to keep the league going but one of them should step up!
jaymz742
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby MCG321 » Fri Apr 16, 2004 12:20 am

If they don't care enough to keep their own league alive by someone taking the responsibility, I don't think anyone else will.
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

My advice

Postby Bennett4prez » Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:54 pm

Hold it out for another year and then give it up at the immediate end of next season for someone willing to form a complete facelift. I think it's too late in the offseason to begin making proposals for a job like this.
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby NittanyLions » Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:33 pm

I dont think its too late, but I dot think that the people in the league should take over, a new commish could disrupt it greatly. But coming here is the next best thing. Though I am not interested ;-D
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Classifieds