Cornerbacks - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cornerbacks

Moderator: Football Moderators

Cornerbacks

Postby newguy » Thu Mar 25, 2004 1:43 am

Does anyone know how/where you can get footage of games from this season or previous seasons of the games?

I want to know because I am a junior in highschool and want to s to improve myself as a cornerback, also does anyone know about that EYE exercise that LARRY fitzgerald learn from his grandfather about joining a coin or something?

Thanks

sorry if this is the wrong place, but I've seen some intelligent people here
newguy

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Canacuna » Thu Mar 25, 2004 5:31 pm

I don't know about video for cornerbacks, but it's cool you're taking an interest in bettering yourself at the position by watching the professionals. I made tapes of Mack Strong and Jason Taylor to study when I played and it helped me out some.

As for eye exercices, I couldn't find anything that goes into great detail...

ProFootballWeekly.com wrote:Pittsburgh WR Larry Fitzgerald on his strong eyes: “I got my eyes checked today and I have 20-15 (vision). The best I ever had was 20-10. My granddad was an optometrist, and he always had me do these crazy eye exercises. You know, like put two pennies (next to each other) and try to make them merge with your eyes. You focus on them so hard that they start to merge. I guess it strengthened my eyes. (laughs).”

I'm a big Edgar Martinez fan, and I know he does some eye exercises. He has something wrong with his eyes though, but his exercise may work for you, too...

Philly.com wrote:Martinez does more than his share of work in the weight room, but he also has to do daily exercises for an eye condition known as strabismus. His right eye wanders, not good for a hitter facing curves and 90-mph fastballs.

So Martinez carries clear plastic cards with circles on them as exercise tools to get his eyes working together. He holds the cards apart and focuses on the space between them until he sees a circle that appears, as if in 3-D. He's been doing that and other eye exercises for more than 13 years.

Anyway, hope that helps...
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby NittanyLions » Thu Mar 25, 2004 6:03 pm

I've done fitz's thing before for bball, but i never thought itd help me out with football too...thats good it does...but anyway that excercise is pretty good, i used to be unable to keep my eyes foccused but now i seem to, i havent done the excersises for awhile now though...
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk