Giants ink cornerback Terry Cousin - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to New York Giants

Giants ink cornerback Terry Cousin

Moderator: Football Moderators

Giants ink cornerback Terry Cousin

Postby WebHamster » Thu Mar 25, 2004 2:03 am

East Rutherford, NJ (Sports Network) - The New York Giants strengthened their secondary on Wednesday, signing veteran cornerback Terry Cousin. As per club policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Cousin, an eight-year veteran, played the last two seasons with the Carolina Panthers. He has also spent time with Chicago, Atlanta and the Miami Dolphins.

In Carolina's 2003 surprise run to Super Bowl XXXVIII, Cousin started 13 games at left cornerback, posting 57 tackles with five passes defended. He lost his starting job due to a late-season calf injury, but was able to return and help during the Panthers' playoff run.

"I'm glad to be here and glad to be around coaches who want me and to be someplace where I can contribute," said Cousin. "I think I can do very well here. There are a lot of things I can do for this team. I'm ready to play. We're ready to turn this thing around."

An undrafted free agent out of the University of South Carolina, Cousin has played 98 regular season games, with 43 starts. For his career, he has recorded 283 tackles (238 solo) with five sacks and five interceptions.
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

Pick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 204)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby NittanyLions » Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:14 pm

Nice pick up fo rthem, they needed a guy like this in their secondary. Though losing short will hurt their defense.
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Return to New York Giants