Panthers get Short on defense - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Carolina Panthers

Panthers get Short on defense

Moderator: Football Moderators

Panthers get Short on defense

Postby WebHamster » Thu Mar 25, 2004 2:04 am

Charlotte, NC (Sports Network) - The defending NFC champion Carolina Panthers on Wednesday signed linebacker Brandon Short to a three-year contract.

Short, who played his entire career with the New York Giants, will compete against Jesse Armstead and Mark Fields for a starting job.

The Penn State product, a fourth-round pick in 2000, will be reunited with Panthers head coach John Fox, who had been the Giants' defensive coordinator.

Short has started 45 games over the past three seasons and has combined for 234 tackles, seven sacks, two forced fumbles, two interceptions and nine passes defensed.

The acquisition comes one day after Carolina lost starting strongside linebacker Greg Favors, who signed with the Jacksonville Jaguars.
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

Pick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 206)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DUKE » Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:50 am

I'm surprised there wasn't more interest in Short. Good pick-up for the Panthers, making an even deeper rotation at LB.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member
Home Cafe: Football

Postby NittanyLions » Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:12 pm

DUKE wrote:I'm surprised there wasn't more interest in Short. Good pick-up for the Panthers, making an even deeper rotation at LB.

I agree, he would be a great pick-up for lots of teams, im surprised the panther were able to get him so quick.
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Carolina Panthers