Kordell Stewart a Buffalo Bill? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Kordell Stewart a Buffalo Bill?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Kordell Stewart a Buffalo Bill?

Postby The Lung » Fri Mar 26, 2004 3:02 pm

It boggles my mind that NFL teams are still spending good money on one of the least talented quarterbacks in recent memory (last two years) -Jeff

From http://www.fanball.com/

Free agent quarterback Kordell Stewart paid a visit to Buffalo yesterday, making waves at a possible reunion with the coach that turned him into a Pro Bowler. New Bills head coach Mike Mularkey is installing the very same offense that Kordell ran under his watch in Pittsburgh and is in dire need of a veteran backup. "It helps a lot," Stewart told the Buffalo News of his familiarity with the offense. "Obviously I know the system. I guess you could say I was the guy who christened this offense in 2001. This is obviously a situation that is sort of a no-brainer. You want to be in a situation where you can land on your feet."

Views

You could also say that Kordell was handed the Bears' starting job last year and didn't come anywhere close to landing on his feet. We shudder to think of what this offense—which ranked second to last in the NFL in points scored last season—would look like if an injury to starter Drew Bledsoe left Stewart under center. His days of fantasy significance are far behind him.
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Canacuna » Fri Mar 26, 2004 3:53 pm

R News wrote:Free-agent quarterback Kordell Stewart made a visit to Orchard Park. The former Pittsburgh Steeler and Chicago Bear says he is interested in backing-up Drew Bledsoe. Stewart was drafted by then Steelers General Manager Tom Donahoe in 1995. Mularkey and Bills Offensive Coordinator Tom Clements were Stewart's coaches during his best NFL season in 2001.

He's sporting a pretty nifty sweater, y0.

That's all I can add, because this signing would be of no significance. Drew Bledsoe is the best QB to grace the game and will be back on track in '04.

Bledsoe prediction probably based on my blind favoritism for former players of the great Washington State University. BTW, Ryan Leaf r0x0rz s0x0rz.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby deftdelivery » Fri Mar 26, 2004 4:06 pm

Stewart, you suck. Get over it. Go to the CFL. You'd soxors roxers or whatever over there, you silly dimwit
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CC » Fri Mar 26, 2004 4:38 pm

Don't come to the CFL, it would make Winnepeg dominant, and my Tabbies don't want that.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby sinnlos26 » Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:00 pm

i dont care where he goes as long as i dont see or hear of him ever again :-#

i hate the guy, if i havent made that clear enough
sinnlos26 Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:06 pm

He could be a king in the CFL or a peasant in the NFL.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jaymz742 » Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:47 pm

What they need to do with the guy is but him back returning kick and punts. Use him as a four WR (Moulds,Reed,Draft Roy Williams as there top 3) and back-up QB. Take up two or three spots with the guy and you can have some nice depth were it is needed most.
jaymz742
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby NittanyLions » Fri Mar 26, 2004 6:18 pm

Mularkey actually wants him back? I hope the plan isnt for him to take a shot when bledsoe retires :-o This guy does NOT deserve to be a starter...hes had his chances...
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby jaymz742 » Fri Mar 26, 2004 6:27 pm

No way hes definatly not a starter. I think he would be a big help to Bledsoe in the way of helping him adjust to the new system. Having a back-up that knows the system is worth alot. That means even taking a guy who couldn't keep a job in C-Town.
jaymz742
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby fantasizing » Fri Mar 26, 2004 8:32 pm

don't bash Kordell so much. A few backs you guys and the media alike were heralding Slash as the next great QB, akin to what is going on now with M. Vick. This is the one reason I stay clear of someone like Vick, he may turn out to be another Kordell.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk