Kordell Stewart a Buffalo Bill? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Kordell Stewart a Buffalo Bill?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby NittanyLions » Fri Mar 26, 2004 8:49 pm

fantasizing wrote:don't bash Kordell so much. A few backs you guys and the media alike were heralding Slash as the next great QB, akin to what is going on now with M. Vick. This is the one reason I stay clear of someone like Vick, he may turn out to be another Kordell.

Not me, he was soo inconsistant, one year he looked like hed be a franchise QB, the next he looked like he was a scrap. One year hed be in the mags for a bust, the next a ppossible stud. I was never a believer in him, when he was our QB we were still a RB-oriented team anyway. And Vick has more skill, sure they both can run well, but vick has the better arm. I've seen them both play, and kordell is NOT a vick, or visa versa
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby fantasizing » Fri Mar 26, 2004 9:26 pm

NittanyLions wrote:
fantasizing wrote:don't bash Kordell so much. A few backs you guys and the media alike were heralding Slash as the next great QB, akin to what is going on now with M. Vick. This is the one reason I stay clear of someone like Vick, he may turn out to be another Kordell.

Not me, he was soo inconsistant, one year he looked like hed be a franchise QB, the next he looked like he was a scrap. One year hed be in the mags for a bust, the next a ppossible stud. I was never a believer in him, when he was our QB we were still a RB-oriented team anyway. And Vick has more skill, sure they both can run well, but vick has the better arm. I've seen them both play, and kordell is NOT a vick, or visa versa

Very true, but the jury's still out on Vick....let's just wait and see how he turns out...
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby NittanyLions » Fri Mar 26, 2004 9:31 pm

I agree he hasnt really done anything to prove himself, but I will say that he brings more spark, energy, and skill to that team than Kordell ever did. Trust me, I've watched Vick VERY closely when he was on TV, and i watched Kordell too much, theres a difference in them, though it seems they are both the same type of QBs. I personally think Vick is going to bring in a new era to QBs: Mobile QBs. Not the ones that can run from sacks and get a few yards, but ones who can run regularly and not only run for big 1st downs, but for big TDs.
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby jaymz742 » Fri Mar 26, 2004 9:55 pm

NittanyLions wrote:I agree he hasnt really done anything to prove himself, but I will say that he brings more spark, energy, and skill to that team than Kordell ever did. Trust me, I've watched Vick VERY closely when he was on TV, and i watched Kordell too much, theres a difference in them, though it seems they are both the same type of QBs. I personally think Vick is going to bring in a new era to QBs: Mobile QBs. Not the ones that can run from sacks and get a few yards, but ones who can run regularly and not only run for big 1st downs, but for big TDs.

Thats the same stuff they said back in the day about Randall Cuningham. I agree kordell is no mike vick. Kordell should have stayed as "Slash" his career would have been alot better.
jaymz742
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby CC » Sat Mar 27, 2004 11:15 am

Ugh... It's gives me chills when Kordell Stewart is compared to Michael Vick.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby terpfan » Sat Mar 27, 2004 12:16 pm

Argos wrote:He could be a king in the CFL or a peasant in the NFL.

heehehee ;-)

thats a great sweater hes got on there :-o
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk