Doesn't the NFL own part of the CFL? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Doesn't the NFL own part of the CFL?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CC » Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:36 pm

Hey we support both the Raps and the Jays, we don't need any lessons in supporting a team. An NFL team would thrive in Toronto, I would consider buying a season ticket with the meagre amount of cash I have, maybe I should look into getting a job.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mikehunt » Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:02 pm

I have to agree that these easterners need to get of the " toronto is the center of Canada" Kick. this whole post just stinks like water from lake Onterio for support of Toronto.

I am not a big CFL fan I love NFL to death and the Nfl has no need to move to Canada. The Cfl has a stake here and Nfl would rather look at supporting that football cause rather than expanding here and probably costing more money than what it takes to help the CFL do some marketing.

As well I recall all four western teams being around alot longer than an of the eastern teams. Ottawa and Montreal are fairly new and if the Jays didn't support the Sky dome with there small amount of income the Argo's would be playing in a school park. Besides Pinball can't get enough teeth in my mouth couldn't couch a girls field hockey team.

Any how enough of the east people digs. Realize that canada is great as a whole with support rather than thinking the east can carry another pro team which we all know they can't.

Enjoy you Hockey night in Toronto and leave it at that.

MIke
mikehunt
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:11 pm

Argos wrote:Argos breaks piggy bank...counts change....can't afford a 13 foot pole...gets second job

LOL, classic. :-b

Friendliness: %

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:59 pm

mikehunt wrote:I have to agree that these easterners need to get of the " toronto is the center of Canada" Kick. this whole post just stinks like water from lake Onterio for support of Toronto.

I am not a big CFL fan I love NFL to death and the Nfl has no need to move to Canada. The Cfl has a stake here and Nfl would rather look at supporting that football cause rather than expanding here and probably costing more money than what it takes to help the CFL do some marketing.

As well I recall all four western teams being around alot longer than an of the eastern teams. Ottawa and Montreal are fairly new and if the Jays didn't support the Sky dome with there small amount of income the Argo's would be playing in a school park. Besides Pinball can't get enough teeth in my mouth couldn't couch a girls field hockey team.

Any how enough of the east people digs. Realize that canada is great as a whole with support rather than thinking the east can carry another pro team which we all know they can't.

Enjoy you Hockey night in Toronto and leave it at that.

MIke

Hunh???

scratches head in confusion....reads post again....scratches head again....throws hands up in confusion

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CC » Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:01 pm

mikehunt wrote:I have to agree that these easterners need to get of the " toronto is the center of Canada" Kick. this whole post just stinks like water from lake Onterio for support of Toronto.

I'm sorry you may be confused... Toronto is the centre of Canada. Everybody out West seems to have a great dislike for us Easterners for some reason.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheRawDAWG » Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:44 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:

I'm sorry you may be confused... Toronto is the centre of Canada. Everybody out West seems to have a great dislike for us Easterners for some reason.

They're just jealous we are the only market in Canada that can support multiple sporting franchises.
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby TheHeat24 » Fri Apr 02, 2004 6:05 pm

Personally I think if Toronto had an NFL franchise there would be a higher attendance than in Buffalo... where do you think a lot of their fans come from... and on the topic of attendance, the raptors I believe are in the top 6 in the nba and we never win which angers me but the fans are still always there...

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mikehunt » Fri Apr 02, 2004 9:20 pm

All your replies just strengthen my comments about torontnians. after Onterio and Quebec are bought by the US to survive it's provincial dept you will look back at this and realize I was right. While western Cnada is living large and in charge of all our oil money. With all your migrated relatives flouding our gates.

enjoy your laid up raptors boys.[/quote]
mikehunt
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Apr 02, 2004 9:45 pm

mikehunt wrote:All your replies just strengthen my comments about torontnians. after Onterio and Quebec are bought by the US to survive it's provincial dept you will look back at this and realize I was right. While western Cnada is living large and in charge of all our oil money. With all your migrated relatives flouding our gates.

enjoy your laid up raptors boys.
[/quote]

I'm really trying to understand you but your posts read as if somebody just banged on a keyboard with a dead cat.

Reading your posts is giving me a splitting headache - I'm going to have to lie down now.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby LBJackal » Sat Apr 03, 2004 4:56 am

mikehunt wrote:All your replies just strengthen my comments about torontnians. after Onterio and Quebec are bought by the US to survive it's provincial dept you will look back at this and realize I was right. While western Cnada is living large and in charge of all our oil money. With all your migrated relatives flouding our gates.

enjoy your laid up raptors boys.

OK and you enjoy your Grizzlies...........oh wait, they left a long time ago.

Just because Toronto is a better place for sports is no reason to hate us. Edmonton: the city of champions. Gimme a break. Most sporting events in Buffalo have more Canadians in attendance than Americans. Why do you think there are always "Go Leafs Go" chants when we visit Buffalo, and their owner is trying to ban Leafs fans from wearing Toronto jerseys to their games? And why do you think busloads of Torontonians head out to every Bills home game? If Toronto had an NFL team, it would survive just fine. I'm not saying we should or will, but hypothetically, it would do well here.
"This country was built on immigrants. We need them. Without them, who would train our tigers and kick our extra points?"

-Homer Simpson
LBJackal
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk