Bad news for Dillon? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Bad news for Dillon?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Canacuna » Mon Apr 05, 2004 12:26 am

I think Cincinatti may be asking a little much for Corey Dillon, but not because of any lack of talent on Dillon's part - moreso that they don't want or need him, which ought to bring the price down some.

I've been watching Dillon since his days at University of Washington and have always been impressed by his play. Even when Cincinatti was the team everyone pointed and laughed at, Dillon appeared to play his hardest, even when there was no point in doing so - and he put up some decent numbers too. He may be an a$$hole, but he's a quality player who would thrive under the right circumstances and help whatever team he may go to get that much closer to glory (unless that team happens to be the Raiders).

Assuming he lands in Dallas, I think he would do very well there. Bill Parcells would be able to deal with antics, as he's shown capable of before, and increase Dillon's level of play. Sounds like a good match to me.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Flux » Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:49 am

a1doug182 wrote:Teams are going to try and not overpay for Dillon. Just check his stats, the majority of his numbers come from playing against the weeker defenses in the NFL. Most all of the decent defenses have no trouble shutting him down, which should make a team think twice about giving up very much for this overrated RB.

He does tend to BLOW UP against some weaker defenses. You do have to remember though, HE was the bengals offense prior to last year. They really had no passing game, their O-Line sucked and they didnt have any other weapons. Throw into the mix that they play Baltimore and Pitt twice every year, who have had great D's and his numbers are actually more impressive than they look.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby NFLknowitall » Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:53 am

It might be just talk but Coach Lewis has said that he would be happy if Dillon came back to split time with Rudi and that it takes two RB's to win. I hope that is not what happens.

If the Raiders L. Kennedy retires, Rod Woodson retires and Romo? retires, that would open up a lot of $$. Plus there are always some good cuts come June 1st. I guess we will just wait and see unless someone pulls the trigger on Dillon.
NFLknowitall
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby steelyeri » Mon Apr 05, 2004 3:38 pm

Canacuna wrote:.but he's a quality player who would thrive under the right circumstances and help whatever team he may go to get that much closer to glory (unless that team happens to be the Raiders)

lol, that wouldn't have anything to do whith a certain keeper league, would it?

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Canacuna » Mon Apr 05, 2004 3:46 pm

steelyeri wrote:
Canacuna wrote:.but he's a quality player who would thrive under the right circumstances and help whatever team he may go to get that much closer to glory (unless that team happens to be the Raiders)

lol, that wouldn't have anything to do whith a certain keeper league, would it?

No way - the Raiders just really suck. ;-)

...maybe my keeper league, too. Tyrone Wheatley and Justin Fargas will combine for four million fantasy points and my team will dominate...
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Cupertino_11 » Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:04 am

There might be a few more teams come draft day that enter into the fray for Dillon....

From Pat Kirwan
Senior Analyst for NFL.com

"The Bengals will drop their trade demands from something close to a third-round pick down to maybe even a seventh to get Dillon out of Cincinnati. Most believe the Raiders are the probable stop for Dillon but a change in the price tag might bring someone else to the table."
Cupertino_11
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby goforit » Mon Apr 12, 2004 1:43 am

Cupertino_11 wrote:There might be a few more teams come draft day that enter into the fray for Dillon....

From Pat Kirwan
Senior Analyst for NFL.com

"The Bengals will drop their trade demands from something close to a third-round pick down to maybe even a seventh to get Dillon out of Cincinnati. Most believe the Raiders are the probable stop for Dillon but a change in the price tag might bring someone else to the table."

hello dillion welcome to the dallas cowboys. The cowboys trade their 3 round pick for dillion.
goforit
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Previous

Return to Football Talk