Want to help Chad out? Here's how... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Want to help Chad out? Here's how...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Str8 Pimpin-Vikings » Sat Apr 10, 2004 5:14 pm

The walking away thing is the VERY BEST!! The sharpie and the cell phone were funny but nothing tops it
Vikings ALL THE WAY!!!
Pepper..MoSs...Bennett

Str8 Pimpin-Vikings
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby KingGhidra » Sun Apr 11, 2004 3:33 am

I wish more RBs would give the ball to his o-lineman after a TD.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby pmac_03 » Sun Apr 11, 2004 9:37 am

im most certain its been done in the CFL, by the sask roughriders, and maybe the eskimos, dibe help me out here i think i was watching it at your house (couple years ago). speaking of CFL, i saw greg marshall at church this morning (ti-cats)

the machine gun one is a fav of mine, so is the heisman pose.

as a football player myself, i personally would never celebrate, im more of a barry sanders/fitz type of player, giving ball to ref etc. i loved how LT2 did that vs. det as honour of barry (tho he doesnt showboat anyways) .. i hate show-boating...
crusaders treasurechest member: east-waterdown gunners. bills fan. going to opening day vs. jax!

pmac.
pmac_03
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby pmac_03 » Sun Apr 11, 2004 9:40 am

KingGhidra wrote:I wish more RBs would give the ball to his o-lineman after a TD.

i didnt read that before my post, but thats a good point too, that is cool, cooler then any 'stupid' celebration... joe horn etc., to me at least.

i also must say i did like(found amusing) TO cheerleader dance, and chad johnson holding up the sign saying dont fine him, and he got fined... :-]
crusaders treasurechest member: east-waterdown gunners. bills fan. going to opening day vs. jax!

pmac.
pmac_03
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby NittanyLions » Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:22 am

Yeah thatd be cool KG. At the Jacksonville game last year, they wired their center and when they scored a TD the lineman acted like they had scored the TD. They took most of the credit and were of course just as pumped :-D Another celebration I like is of course ward (how could I forget! 8-o ) When he scores a TD, he looks for a fan who has his jersey on and hands/throws them the ball. He usually looks for kids if he can find them ;-D
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby pmac_03 » Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:42 am

yea thats awsome, thats what everyone of those chumps should do that take their talent for granted, thats a cool move. i remember seeing that happen as a player went off (it was on tv) and pointed to the jersey and dusted it off for the kid. that was cool. but even before the game, when our group went to a bills game, we were in there end, got there reasonably early, and the only man that came to us was Pierson Prioleau, i touched his hand, that was awsome. spikes was talking to the fans about the game too, just not near us. oh yea and me and BIG GAME yelled to marvin and he looked at us with his TD celebration ... (you know the one where he salutes .. and looks sorta) well we thought he did at least.

pmac.
pmac_03
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Canacuna » Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:16 pm

pmac_03 wrote:as a football player myself, i personally would never celebrate, im more of a barry sanders/fitz type of player, giving ball to ref etc. i loved how LT2 did that vs. det as honour of barry (tho he doesnt showboat anyways) .. i hate show-boating...

I only show boated once at the urging of others to do so when I scored a TD. I'm usually really laid back and such, and people wanted to see me get excited for a change - so I obliged just once.

...But yeah, I prefer the Barry Sanders way of doing things. Aside from the almighty sprinkler, TD celebrations just look stupid.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby pmac_03 » Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:17 pm

Canacuna wrote:
pmac_03 wrote:as a football player myself, i personally would never celebrate, im more of a barry sanders/fitz type of player, giving ball to ref etc. i loved how LT2 did that vs. det as honour of barry (tho he doesnt showboat anyways) .. i hate show-boating...

I only show boated once at the urging of others to do so when I scored a TD. I'm usually really laid back and such, and people wanted to see me get excited for a change - so I obliged just once.

...But yeah, I prefer the Barry Sanders way of doing things. Aside from the almighty sprinkler, TD celebrations just look stupid.

agreed.

pmac.
pmac_03
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk