Who should the fins draft? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Miami Dolphins

Who should the fins draft?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who should the fins draft?

Postby TheHeat24 » Thu Apr 08, 2004 3:13 pm

The topic is self explanitory... I hoping for shawn andrews to drop and in the third snag LB dontarrious Thomas.. if not I hope they go with mayb one of the Miami LBs in the first and go with Shawn's brother Stacy or nat Dorsey in the 3rd

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby t-love » Sun Apr 11, 2004 12:26 am

I hope they get Shane Andrews as well. I've also read that if somehow Rivers fell that far, even with Feeley they might draft him.
t-love
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 8)

Postby CC » Sun Apr 11, 2004 11:33 am

Vernon Carey would be a nice fit.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheHeat24 » Sun Apr 11, 2004 5:43 pm

cheeeeeeese

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Who should the fins draft?

Postby UtopianHopes » Sun Apr 11, 2004 6:41 pm

MiamiHearld.com wrote:
DRAFT OPTIONS

Many so-called draft gurus project the Dolphins picking Arkansas offensive tackle Shawn Andrews with their first-round pick, the 20th selection overall.

Andrews is a plow horse in pads at 6-5 and 360 pounds. But that great size is also his undoing because he ballooned to nearly 400 pounds following the 2003 season. Some scouts question his work ethic as a result of that alarming weight gain and wonder whether he would be able to prosper in the South Florida heat.

Despite those questions and a sinus condition, Andrews is believed to be the second-best tackle available. Iowa's Robert Gallery is the best tackle prospect but he likely will be drafted in the top 10 selections of the first round.

And all this assumes the Dolphins stay in the first round.

If Andrews and the three other options Spielman will take with him into the first-round on draft day are off the board when the Dolphins pick, they likely will entertain offers to trade down, perhaps out of the first round altogether.

That would give the Dolphins a chance at having multiple picks in either the second or third rounds and likely set them on course to picking USC's Jacob Rogers or Georgia Tech tackle Nat Dorsey, whom former Dolphins assistant Chan Gailey has endorsed to Miami scouts.

The Dolphins still might want to add a safety to compete as a backup to Freeman, Sammy Knight or Edwards, who is expected to sign this week.

I really like this. I hope we can get Shawn Andrews then look to get a wr in the 3rd round such as Keary Colbert wr u.s.c., Devard Darling wr washington, P.K. Sam F.S.U., or Derrick Hamilton Clemson (we need 3rd wr so we can use some 3 wr sets.) Later on take lb to add depth such as Ron Davis southern miss or Maurice Jones south florida.
UtopianHopes
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby t-love » Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:05 pm

I think Pk Sam could be a big sleeper.
t-love
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 8)

Postby TheHeat24 » Sun Apr 11, 2004 11:19 pm

Not to get picky but its Rod Davis, but I dont think he will be a very good pro, hes more of a college player. I thinjk devard draling is hugely underrated. Call me crazy but i think derrius thompson is suited well for the slot, he is a big phtsical corner who should be able to beat up on small nickel corners... I definetly think tho that the dolphins should be looking for replacements at the lb position

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Jason White

Postby ariel_mirahy » Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:39 am

Jason White, Oklahoma's QB will be as a drafting player the 2005 season, he won the Heisman last year and he is nominated to win it again this year, he have got extraordinary numbers. ;-D
Do You Like NFL Betting?, Check My Bet Tracker!!! http://www.ibetsportsapps.com/NFL/
ariel_mirahy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy ExpertLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ljthockey » Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:27 pm

If they do draft a QB my guess would be Orton unless Rodgers enters then I think theyd go for him.
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Well...

Postby ariel_mirahy » Fri Nov 26, 2004 10:02 pm

Well it should be Matt Leinart or Aaron Rodgers, but i would also chose Jason White or Doug Campbell. ;-D
Do You Like NFL Betting?, Check My Bet Tracker!!! http://www.ibetsportsapps.com/NFL/
ariel_mirahy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy ExpertLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Miami Dolphins