Domanick Davis equals.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Domanick Davis equals....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby NFLknowitall » Thu Apr 15, 2004 11:37 am

To compare DD to Priest? Please. If you are content to go into your FF season with DD as your #2 RB then good luck because your need it. No offense to DD, b/c I do like him. But to win your #2 RB must have NO "question marks". DD has those! Same thing for William Green, too many questions. Not good for a #2 FF RB. #3 OK, take a chance if you like the guys potential.

And to look at what a player does in college is not very smart when your trying to grade the potential of a player. I agree that college is not the NFL and vice versa, but to call Tony Hollings garbage? Come'on, we can do better than that. One of the things l like about the forum is that most of you guys can carry a decent arguement without being a jacka$$. And that is a good thing. Good Luck Guys!
NFLknowitall
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby WhiteChocolate » Thu Apr 15, 2004 11:52 am

NFLknowitall wrote:but to call Tony Hollings garbage? Come'on, we can do better than that. One of the things l like about the forum is that most of you guys can carry a decent arguement without being a jacka$$. And that is a good thing.

Yea, calling a player garbage doesn't really make for a good point in your argument.

WHO LET THEM HOKIES OUT?
WhiteChocolate
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby KingGhidra » Thu Apr 15, 2004 4:20 pm

NFLknowitall wrote: No offense to DD, b/c I do like him. But to win your #2 RB must have NO "question marks". DD has those! Same thing for William Green, too many questions. Not good for a #2 FF RB.

There is no such thing as "no question marks" outside of the top 10 or so. There are question marks surrounding top 10 guys, so to think you can find a guy in the 12-15 RB selected range with no question marks is rather silly.

To win, you have to get good values for your picks. Having a good #2 RB, is great, but it's hard to get a low question mark guy unless you pick in the latter part of round 01.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby VHawk15 » Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:39 pm

NFLknowitall wrote:to win your #2 RB must have NO "question marks". DD has those! Same thing for William Green, too many questions. Not good for a #2 FF RB. #3 OK, take a chance if you like the guys potential.

Sorry, but it's nearly impossible to have a #2 RB with no question marks. If we assume that everyone single player in a 10 team league goes RB-RB in the first two rounds, here's a rough list of the top 20 RB's.

#1 RB's

Priest
LT
Portis
Ahman
Lewis
Alexander
McAllister
Ricky
Edge
Taylor

#2 RB's

Faulk (aging and injury problems)
Stephen Davis (aging and possible split carries)
Dom Davis
Barlow (couldn't beat out Hearst for multiple years)
Henry (McGahee?)
Tiki (TD problem?)
A-Train (Thomas Jones?)
Corey Dillon (still in Cincy uniform)
Rudi (Corey still in Cincy uniform; unproven)
Lee Suggs (what about William Green?)

I listed who some of the #2 RB's would be and as you can see, they all have question marks. Several of the #1 RB's even have some question marks.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:53 pm

Yep, exactly. You're not gonna find many #2 RB's without question marks. It was nice of you to point out William Green of last year, while leaving out guys that were taken as #2 RB's with huge questions that panned out (S. Davis, Lewis).

Even with alot of #1 RB's, there are questions on some of them.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby MCG321 » Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:55 pm

VHawk15 wrote:
NFLknowitall wrote:to win your #2 RB must have NO "question marks". DD has those! Same thing for William Green, too many questions. Not good for a #2 FF RB. #3 OK, take a chance if you like the guys potential.

Sorry, but it's nearly impossible to have a #2 RB with no question marks. If we assume that everyone single player in a 10 team league goes RB-RB in the first two rounds, here's a rough list of the top 20 RB's.

#1 RB's

Priest
LT
Portis
Ahman
Lewis
Alexander
McAllister
Ricky
Edge
Taylor

#2 RB's

Faulk (aging and injury problems)
Stephen Davis (aging and possible split carries)
Dom Davis
Barlow (couldn't beat out Hearst for multiple years)
Henry (McGahee?)
Tiki (TD problem?)
A-Train (Thomas Jones?)
Corey Dillon (still in Cincy uniform)
Rudi (Corey still in Cincy uniform; unproven)
Lee Suggs (what about William Green?)

I listed who some of the #2 RB's would be and as you can see, they all have question marks. Several of the #1 RB's even have some question marks.

Nice post. It shows thatt here aren't many guarantees in football, and if you can get your hands on one of the guys without many question marks, don't hesitate. ;-D
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Apr 15, 2004 6:03 pm

Yep, exactly. You're not gonna find many #2 RB's without question marks. It was nice of you to point out William Green of last year, while leaving out guys that were taken as #2 RB's with huge questions that panned out (S. Davis, Lewis).

Even with alot of #1 RB's, there are questions on some of them.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Apr 15, 2004 9:53 pm

That's why it's good some people use their top picks on WR's and QB's...where it could help them in one sense, unless they can swing a big trade to upgrade their RB situation they mainly end up getting the shaft in the end. This gives seasoned pros the chance to get two "studs" at RB. Now, if you have a early draft position and everyone else picked the stud RB's, you might have to get shifty and go to a different strategy...otherwise I think snagging the two best options at RB first is the way to go!
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby terpfan » Thu Apr 15, 2004 10:13 pm

vhawk thats exactly the point i think was missed early on in this thread.

on a side note id question barlows supporting cast more than his ability.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Thu Apr 15, 2004 11:20 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:Now, if you have a early draft position and everyone else picked the stud RB's, you might have to get shifty and go to a different strategy...otherwise I think snagging the two best options at RB first is the way to go!

I wouldnt hesitate to violate the traditional RB-RB strategy if I went first and everyone else took RB-RB. Hmm, Priest, Moss, and Manning on the same team. I could live with the #21-#24 overall RB pick if I had those 3.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk