Domanick Davis equals.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Domanick Davis equals....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Apr 16, 2004 8:35 am

Mercer Boy wrote:That's why it's good some people use their top picks on WR's and QB's...where it could help them in one sense, unless they can swing a big trade to upgrade their RB situation they mainly end up getting the shaft in the end. This gives seasoned pros the chance to get two "studs" at RB. Now, if you have a early draft position and everyone else picked the stud RB's, you might have to get shifty and go to a different strategy...otherwise I think snagging the two best options at RB first is the way to go!

I have almost always gone RB-RB... And so with 2 of the mocks I am doing right now, I decided to go with a QB in round 2... Just to see what happens... Here are the results so far (both 10 team leagues):

Mock #1 (7th pick in the draft):

QB Peyton Manning - 2.04
RB Ricky Williams - 1.07
RB Tiki Barber - 3.07
WR Laveranues Coles - 4.04

Mock #2 (4th pick in the draft):

QB Daunte Culpepper - 2.07
RB Ahman Green - 1.04
RB Domanick Davis - 3.04
RB Eddie George - 8.07
WR Derrick Mason - 4.07
WR Chris Chambers - 5.04
WR Jerry Porter - 9.04
TE Alge Crumpler - 6.07
DT Miami Dolphins - 7.04

Any comments?

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Apr 16, 2004 8:43 am

I like your mock #2! Got good players at each position; your third WR can surely be upgraded in-season if need be. As long as the namesake of this thread keeps up his end of the bargain, it looks good! ;-D

This might be fodder for a new topic, but I'll brooch it here anyway. Mason in round four is good...anyone think he's worth a third round selection with the "big boy" WR's? He did pretty well last year (McNair is money)! With McCariens gone, do you think that he will get keyed on more or are Calico and Bennett going to step in?
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby NFLknowitall » Fri Apr 16, 2004 9:01 am

Damn NO "Question Marks" comment really did me in. I see the point that a lot of players out of the top 10 have Q's about them.

Just go with the RB with the least amount of Q's. I just think that guys like Rudi, Barlow, Taylor, Edge and maybe even Michael Bennett (depending on Preseason) could and should be better than DD. Being a Texans fan I just have a feeling that Tony Hollings is going to put a damper on DD FF production. I hope not and I hope I'm wrong. I am just sharing my thoughts like everyone else. Thanks for a great discussion.
NFLknowitall
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Apr 16, 2004 9:21 am

Mercer Boy wrote:I like your mock #2! Got good players at each position; your third WR can surely be upgraded in-season if need be. As long as the namesake of this thread keeps up his end of the bargain, it looks good! ;-D

This might be fodder for a new topic, but I'll brooch it here anyway. Mason in round four is good...anyone think he's worth a third round selection with the "big boy" WR's? He did pretty well last year (McNair is money)! With McCariens gone, do you think that he will get keyed on more or are Calico and Bennett going to step in?

I have done several mocks, so far, in this offseason, and I am noticing one overwhelming thing... In this year's draft, my teams are ending up MUCH better when I have a 1-4 slot in the draft... I think those are the hotspots this year, because of the depth at #2 RB for 2004... If you can nail down one of the studs in round one, there are still suitable #2 guys around late in round 2 (especially of Moss and Manning get picked up, which in all my mocks they have)...

Regarding Mason, I have picked him up in MANY of the mocks, and one actual draft that I have done for 2004... He's typically available in the late third and even early fourth rounds... I think he's a diamond in the rough... He did very well last season, and I think the departure of McCariens only serves to boost his value... ;-D I probably would rank him top 7, for sure...

Moss
Harrison / Holt
Ward
Chad Johnson
Boldin / Mason
Last edited by Plindsey88 on Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Fri Apr 16, 2004 9:26 am

I've consistently found Mason available in the end of the 3rd or in the 4th rounds, and I think he's a steal then. In one mock where I drafted 11th out of 12, I picked up Randy Moss in the 1st and still came away with Mason as my #2 WR. That's fantastic (and necessary seeing how bad anywhere past the top 6 spots is for RBs this year.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby terpfan » Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:30 pm

i dont know how davis lasted untill round 3. i think crumpler in the 6th is too early. overall its a very nice team though. ;-D
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby proKrastinate » Fri Apr 16, 2004 9:46 pm

moss had 17 TD receptions last year. he had but 7 the year before and I think 10 the year before that. Is he that much more coveted then Harrison? is it just because of the stats of last year and harrison didnt put up 143 rec again?
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 16, 2004 10:08 pm

VHawk15 wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:That statistic shows that he obviously wasn't effective enough for them to keep pounding the rock vs. Carolina. Also 23 of those yards came off of one play, so 11 carries for 51 yards might show why he wasn't being utilized as much.

Dom davis got hurt that game against Carolina. That is why his carries were limited. He had to leave the game in the 3rd quarter i think.

Friendliness: %

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Sat Apr 17, 2004 6:16 pm

proKrastinate wrote:moss had 17 TD receptions last year. he had but 7 the year before and I think 10 the year before that. Is he that much more coveted then Harrison? is it just because of the stats of last year and harrison didnt put up 143 rec again?
Moss did have 17 TDs last year. He averaged over 1 TD and 100 yards every game last year. He is also just hitting the prime of his career. Harrison is getting up there in age also. Yes, Moss did have only 7 and 10 TDs two and three seasons ago but the years before that he had 11, 15, and 17 again. With that said, I don't quite know what you mean by "Moss is much more coveted than Harrison". In all the drafts and mocks I've been in Moss has gone just a few places before Harrison. In my draft for last year Moss went after both Harrison and TO as a matter of fact. In the mock I am in Moss went one position before.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 17, 2004 8:25 pm

Yea I like Mock 2 aswell.. its possible that your teams look better with Picks 1-4 because you get that One Stud RB, personally I think the top 4/5ish are a whole league above 6-10, and then you can also get a 2nd RB whos in the 10 range.. so with a 1-4 pick youd get a Stud and a 10ish guys, with a later pick you'd get two 10ish guys, if you understand what I'm trying to say.. basically that one stud makes the line up look so much stronger.

Friendliness: %

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk