Early 2004 Player Rankings (April) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Early 2004 Player Rankings (April)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Early 2004 Player Rankings (April)

Postby nebbie2004 » Sat Apr 10, 2004 12:00 pm

Hey,

My player rankings have just got published in the Cheatsheets section of the site. Check them out and tell me what you think.

Thanks,
nebbie2004

P.S. Any Criticism is greatly appreciated.
nebbie2004 Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby VHawk15 » Sat Apr 10, 2004 12:05 pm

I generally like the rankings but there are a few things I disagree with:

Your QB rankings are all messed up. McNair isn't better than McNabb or Vick, and there's no way Trent Green is better than Penny.

I don't like the Ricky over Shaun ranking.

I think Harrison>Holt.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby terpfan » Sat Apr 10, 2004 12:13 pm

just a few things...

i agree with vhawk on the qb rankings, slide mcnair down and vick up. i wouldnt argue with the green ranking tho.

runningback isnt bad, i can see ricky that high, but personally id put alexander ahead of him. id also put fred taylor and marshall faulk ahead of stephen davis.

i wouldnt call torry holt "old". hes only what, 27? and wheres coles? hes a top 10 wr, bank on it. ;-D
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby VHawk15 » Sat Apr 10, 2004 12:19 pm

terpfan wrote:i wouldnt call torry holt "old". hes only what, 27?

Yeah, he's about the same age as Moss and younger than T.O. and Harrison...

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby NittanyLions » Sat Apr 10, 2004 12:25 pm

I agree about the QBs also, and i also would put SA in front of Ricky...other than that the rankings look good ;-D
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby sinnlos26 » Sat Apr 10, 2004 12:40 pm

they look alright to me, anything i would have criticised has been brought up already ;-D
sinnlos26 Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby CC » Sat Apr 10, 2004 12:46 pm

I found these decisions perplexing.

1. McNair over McNabb and Vick?
2. Stephen Davis in the top 10, I would put him after Faulk, Dom Davis, Barlow, Henry, and Rudi.
3. Holt as old, and Derrick Mason in the top 10.

Everything else seems good.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VHawk15 » Sat Apr 10, 2004 12:55 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:2. Stephen Davis in the top 10, I would put him after Faulk, Dom Davis, Barlow, Henry, and Rudi.

Yeah, I agree. Davis is aging and might have to split carries, I don't see him ahead of the RB's listed above.

VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby aussieboy » Sat Apr 10, 2004 1:15 pm

-Yep, QB rankings are a bit off......Mcnabb and Vick def above Mcnair, Vick above Mcnabb.

-I dont completely agree with the RB rankings either. I dont see how you cant have Priest number 1, esp since SD has lost their only receiving threat in Boston. Id have Priest at 1, LT at 2. Id also have Ahman Green above Portis, and Shaun Alexander above Ricky. I dont think S.Davis will be top 10 this yr, Carolina ran him into the ground last yr resulting in a couple of injuries, they dont need to do the same this yr with the emergence of Foster. Id have Faulk at number 10.

-At WR, id bring up Mason to the number 7 spot, and put Steve Smith at 9, moving Santana Moss out of the top 10.

-At TE Shockey goes to number 2 instead of Heap. Heap played 6 more games than Jeremy last yr and scored just one more TD. Shockeys Y/PG was superior to Heap's.

Apart from that good job. ;-D
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Buckychudd » Sat Apr 10, 2004 2:08 pm

Until Sharpe retires (which may be soon), he's a top 3 TE.
Buckychudd
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Next

Return to Football Talk