Mike McKenzie wants out of GB??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Mike McKenzie wants out of GB???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Mike McKenzie wants out of GB???

Postby Str8 Pimpin-Vikings » Sat Apr 10, 2004 5:40 pm

McKenzie Wants Out of Green Bay

ESPN's John Clayton reports Green Bay Packers CB Mike McKenzie, unhappy that he's in the middle six-year contract paying him $3.4 million a year, has requested a trade. That request was denied because of his value to the team. The Packers were willing to make some adjustments in his contract, but McKenzie has told the team he wants to be moved. Over the past month and a half, McKenzie has watched five cornerbacks get new contracts in excess of $4 million a year. McKenzie's average is $3.422 million, and he considers himself among the elite cornerbacks. There are de-escalator clauses in the final three years of his contract that could reduce his salary below the $2.95 million, $3.63 million and $4.3 million he is scheduled to make over the next three seasons. McKenzie has played well enough not to trigger those de-escalators. The team was willing to eliminate those de-escalators in a cap-relief contract, but McKenzie also was hoping for a salary increase. Now, he's telling friends his request to be traded isn't a money issue and he doesn't want to be with the team anymore. The Packers are hoping McKenzie's anger subsides and he reports to mini-camps and training camps. McKenzie is known to be an intelligent player who can be stubborn if he believes in a position. For now, McKenzie remains a Packer.
Vikings ALL THE WAY!!!
Pepper..MoSs...Bennett

Str8 Pimpin-Vikings
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Sat Apr 10, 2004 5:43 pm

Yea I read this too. McKenzie is an important part of our D but he is overrated and if he holds out for big dollars, I would just as soon not have the Packers give them to him.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby terpfan » Sat Apr 10, 2004 5:51 pm

uh oh guys the champ bailey/ty law syndrome is contagious....
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Str8 Pimpin-Vikings » Sat Apr 10, 2004 5:55 pm

terpfan wrote:uh oh guys the champ bailey/ty law syndrome is contagious....

Yea i know it isnt about playing football anymore its about money hes complaning because hes making about 4 million dollars a yr
Vikings ALL THE WAY!!!
Pepper..MoSs...Bennett

Str8 Pimpin-Vikings
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby NittanyLions » Sat Apr 10, 2004 6:30 pm

I would NOT complain about making even 1 mil...this is ridiculous...though I wouldnt mind if he went on the market for us, as if we had the cap room :,-(
He is a pretty good corner though...
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Sat Apr 10, 2004 7:06 pm

I think you hit the nail on the head...I'd rather see him catch the Ricky Williams hair syndrome though.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby terpfan » Sat Apr 10, 2004 7:09 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:

I think you hit the nail on the head...I'd rather see him catch the Ricky Williams hair syndrome though.

haha took me a minute... maybe he and his fellow db al harris could learn something from the reformed rasta williams.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby sinnlos26 » Sat Apr 10, 2004 7:19 pm

for some of these guys its not about football anymore, its about the money. i dont know what to say except just be happy you get what you do.
sinnlos26 Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby pmac_03 » Sat Apr 10, 2004 8:54 pm

I have to agree with all the comments above, mike the preadator is overrated and the whole law issue went to his agent's head, therefore talkin mike into holding out for the cheese. its sad, he really was disappointing this year, i dont see his logic behind it, and the preadators were all bonding (sharper, harris and himself) GB's d is already weak, and this would only hurt them even more.. tho he doesnt deserve the big cheese, unless he proves himself this year.
crusaders treasurechest member: east-waterdown gunners. bills fan. going to opening day vs. jax!

pmac.
pmac_03
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Sat Apr 10, 2004 8:56 pm

Nice, I can't stand this man and would be very happy if he would be traded or even better if he would hold out and not go to camp. That way the Packers wouldn't be getting anything for him and he would be hurting the team.
Gimme a break, McKenzie an elite DB? Moss burns the guy every time they play...oh wait, he does that to every DB he plays...

People not being happy about making 4 mil a year ticks me off. Do they not realize how lucky they are to have the talent to be a professional athlete? Many people would do anything to be able to play at the same level as them and all they can think about it money.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Next

Return to Football Talk