Mike McKenzie wants out of GB??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Mike McKenzie wants out of GB???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CC » Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:24 pm

Back to Mike McKenzie, I hope the Packers can work something out with him as he is one of the focal points of our defence, overrated or not.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Str8 Pimpin-Vikings » Mon Apr 12, 2004 3:47 am

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I think the time to stop ragging on Moss is now, he has behaved himself and as much as I hate to admit it, he's a top 5 player in the NFL.

Agree with you
Vikings ALL THE WAY!!!
Pepper..MoSs...Bennett

Str8 Pimpin-Vikings
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Dazedncnfz » Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:45 am

M_Zimm wrote:and because I'm a Viking homer that bleeds purple and will never stop on my mission until it is world known that Moss is the best WR ever

Ever?...please don't get me started....Moss will never EVER be able to even hold a candle to Rice...one man set the standards and continues do to so even at 40 years old and thats Rice...end of story.....

Back to McKenzie....why do I have a feeling that Law and McKenzie might swap teams?...could it happen?...can the pack afford Law? (I'm not sure about their cap situation)...but if they could this would make the pack stronger and less the lose the Pats would have from a outright release with nothing to show for it....

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:15 am

Dazedncnfz wrote:
M_Zimm wrote:and because I'm a Viking homer that bleeds purple and will never stop on my mission until it is world known that Moss is the best WR ever

Ever?...please don't get me started....Moss will never EVER be able to even hold a candle to Rice...one man set the standards and continues do to so even at 40 years old and thats Rice...end of story.....

Back to McKenzie....why do I have a feeling that Law and McKenzie might swap teams?...could it happen?...can the pack afford Law? (I'm not sure about their cap situation)...but if they could this would make the pack stronger and less the lose the Pats would have from a outright release with nothing to show for it....
Yea, I'm just blowin steam, it would take a lot for Moss to ever break Rice's records, even though he is on pace to do so. I'm gonna make one more statement about Moss and then I'll leave it alone...for this thread at least...I said that Moss burns every DB he plays, I maybe should have said almost instead just because every player has down games. I didn't but since I said it I will post something to back it up. Who holds the record for rec yards in a Pro-Bowl where all the best DBs in the league are playing?

Now to get back on subject once and for all. The idea you had is interesting Dazed. I don't like it because I don't see how Law would be considered worse than Mike but besides that I don't know how the deal would be worked out. I am pretty sure there would be a pretty big cap hit for both teams and niether one of them are in great cap shape to begin with.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby CC » Mon Apr 12, 2004 12:10 pm

Law to the Packers? Drool....
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Carolina Culpepper » Mon Apr 12, 2004 5:50 pm

Hey guys (and gals??), long time observer of this forum, first time poster! First of all I think that it is ridiculous of McKenzie to demand more money when he knows that the Packers don't have cap room to give. They can't please him even if they wanted to. Not that I really feel bad since I am a die hard Minnesota Viking fan, so Packers troubles are Viking blessings! If Randy Moss (this is for M-Zimm) was doing this, this board would light up with negative comments, but the truth is, Moss wouldn't do this despite his reputation. He signed a contract a few years ago that now is no longer one of the top five in the league even though he is top five and you don't see him complaining. I am totally old school anyway and get continually frustrated that the NFL is going the way of major league baseball with such high roster turn over each year due to free agency. Oh those good old days when teams stayed pretty much the same from year to year!
Carolina Culpepper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Carolina Culpepper » Mon Apr 12, 2004 6:00 pm

By the way I just looked it up and M-Zimm was right. Randy Moss holds the Pro-Bowl record for most receptions in a Pro-Bowl and most yards. In the 2000 Pro-Bowl he had 9 receptions for 212 yards!! Wow, lets just say once again the stats show he is simply the Best! Of course most of those yards were from his Pro-Bowl teammate that year: Daunte Culpepper!
Carolina Culpepper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Guttpuppy » Mon Apr 12, 2004 6:08 pm

Hmm,something funny going on here...
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby terpfan » Mon Apr 12, 2004 6:47 pm

hey zimm you dont have a little brother do you? :-B

just kiddin... welcome aboard Carolina Culpepper! ;-D
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:28 pm

terpfan wrote:hey zimm you dont have a little brother do you? :-B

just kiddin... welcome aboard Carolina Culpepper! ;-D
Actually, no I don't...
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk