Mike McKenzie wants out of GB??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Mike McKenzie wants out of GB???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Str8 Pimpin-Vikings » Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:02 pm

IM loving that we have a few vikings fan......GO VIKINGS!!!!
Vikings ALL THE WAY!!!
Pepper..MoSs...Bennett

Str8 Pimpin-Vikings
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby MCG321 » Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:07 pm

On the subject of Law, is he willing to take a pay cut for any team, and is just being a stiff to the Pats? Or is he only signing somewhere at his asking price?
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Carolina Culpepper » Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:28 pm

No, I'm not M-zimm's brother (by blood), but I am in the brotherhood of Vikings fans who have ridden the purple bandwagon down the road of broken hearts for far too many years! It's a well known road for Viking fans. Don't you agree pimpin vikes man?

I do find myself agreeing with m-zimm quite often though. Except for a post he had the other day where he said that Daunte has a few weaknesses. I say Daunte is the best Fantasy Football QB out there, and in the real thing he is top 5.
Carolina Culpepper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby CC » Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:30 pm

Carolina Culpepper wrote:Hey guys (and gals??), long time observer of this forum, first time poster! First of all I think that it is ridiculous of McKenzie to demand more money when he knows that the Packers don't have cap room to give. They can't please him even if they wanted to. Not that I really feel bad since I am a die hard Minnesota Viking fan, so Packers troubles are Viking blessings! If Randy Moss (this is for M-Zimm) was doing this, this board would light up with negative comments, but the truth is, Moss wouldn't do this despite his reputation. He signed a contract a few years ago that now is no longer one of the top five in the league even though he is top five and you don't see him complaining. I am totally old school anyway and get continually frustrated that the NFL is going the way of major league baseball with such high roster turn over each year due to free agency. Oh those good old days when teams stayed pretty much the same from year to year!

Theres a pretty big difference between Mike McKenzie making 4 mil a year and Randy Moss making 12 (or whatever he makes) I don't think McKenzie should be complaining but you can't compare their situations. Also, nobody was denying Moss set the Pro Bowl record.

On a final note, welcome to the Cafe. I like the sig, even if it is Vikings.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guttpuppy » Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:32 pm

*puts on hip-waders*
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Carolina Culpepper » Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:38 pm

Thanks Cheesehead and Terpfan for the welcome. Hope to post from time to time although not at the rate of some of you guys! I must say Cheesehead that for a Packer fan you show alot of common sense. I find myself agreeing with many of your posts. From your signature I take it that you live in Canada (brilliant deduction, huh!). If so that would explain why you show some sense compared to many Packer fans!
Carolina Culpepper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby CC » Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:43 pm

I don't know whether to take that as a compliment to me, or as an insult to Packer fans. :-)
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Str8 Pimpin-Vikings » Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:58 pm

Carolina Culpepper wrote: but I am in the brotherhood of Vikings fans who have ridden the purple bandwagon down the road of broken hearts for far too many years! It's a well known road for Viking fans. Don't you agree pimpin vikes man?

I feel ur pain man but we wont feel it for long afther next season which is the Vikings year it will be all over
Vikings ALL THE WAY!!!
Pepper..MoSs...Bennett

Str8 Pimpin-Vikings
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby TTTBone » Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:04 pm

Guttpuppy wrote:*puts on hip-waders*

LOL at gee-pee.
Call 'em like you see 'em.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Carolina Culpepper » Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:04 pm

I feel the same delusions of granduer as you pimpinvikes man for this coming year. But I felt that last year also, and the year before that, and the year before that........
Carolina Culpepper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk