Who do you always pick ... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who do you always pick ...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby koffeeboy » Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:19 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:I see where this could happen. I have played fantasy three years in a row, but I don't think I've ever tried to pick a random low guy (mainly due to not participating in a live draft). If you could count Jimmy Smith as a middle guy that I'd love to have every year, he'd be my guy...until he gets really old.

How old does he need to get to be 'really old'???

I always end up with Toomer/Hilliard as well.

I did have Adrian Murrell for 'ole time's sake' this year prior to Dallas cutting him.

Come to think of it... My # 2 QB (behind McNabb) is usually Kerry Collins. And I hate the FRIGGIN' Giants!!!
2002 O.F.F.L. League Champs!

"Easiest way to find a needle in a haystack? Burn the Haystack." - Kareem Said (HBO's Oz)

[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
koffeeboy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby PimpDaddySatan » Sun Apr 11, 2004 4:53 pm

Donovan McNabb, I've always gotten him in the 1st or 2nd rounds. Issac Bruce has been another guy I always seem to get. But I always want McNabb.... I'll give the whole draft for McNabb, Win or Lose, hes my guy...
PimpDaddySatan

Friendliness: %

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Apr 11, 2004 6:19 pm

Buckychudd wrote:Amani Toomer always seems to end up on my team. Not only do I like him, but a lot of people tend to underrank him.

He ended up on my team last year...I liked the pick at first, but after about week 6 I couldn't stand him! He did good one game and crappy the next. I'd rather have consistency from my wideouts since I didn't have a stud at that position.

Could have been a product of the underachieving Giants offense last year, but I still think I'm steering clear of him because Hilliard got a ton of TD's last year.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby MCG321 » Sun Apr 11, 2004 6:43 pm

Joe Horn has ended up on many of teams over the last several years. Not sure why, but I like the guy.
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Sun Apr 11, 2004 9:41 pm

I've had Derrick Mason every year since I started playing. Granted I expect him to be a bit more visible of a WR in the draft this year, but he was usually a steal :-D
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby t-love » Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:13 pm

I usually end up with Chad Johnson and Chris Chambers. I used to always have Andre Rison on my teams. I've had Trent Green a few times too.
t-love
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 8)

Postby MCG321 » Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:28 pm

I'm hoping I can always end up with LT2 from now on. :-)
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Poobah » Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:17 am

I'm ignoring keeper holdovers....

I had Chad Johnson in all of my leagues last year, and a friend of mine asked for advice before he drafted, and he got Chad too.

I had a Kevin Johnson run that ended last year. I've had Chambers the last three years on one team.

One of our owners has had David Akers and the GB defense the last five years. That's better than any other run I can thinking of
Poobah
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Ranker

Postby IrishStout » Mon Apr 12, 2004 5:30 pm

I've been in the same league for five years and I have had Tony Gonzales on every one of my teams. I think the other guys lay side bets to see when I'm going to draft him. :)
IrishStout
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby MMH » Tue Apr 13, 2004 2:13 am

I always pick Bret Favre as one of my Quarterbacks. I am quite happy for him not to get great stats as long as he always gets me a touchdown.

I always draft Dante Hall, Michael Lewis and Steve Smith. We get return yards so it ends up pretty good. Invariably I always have one of the Saints WR's so Lewis is a good pick up anyway.

David Akers always tends to be my kicker as well....
MMH
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk