Will there be any big rookie runningback performers for 2004 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Will there be any big rookie runningback performers for 2004

Moderator: Football Moderators

Will there be any big rookie runningback performers for 2004

Postby pmac_03 » Sat Apr 10, 2004 10:34 pm

im a big notre dame fan, and cant wait to see where julius jones will end up. now does anyone have any thoughts on the impact of these runningbacks of the 04 draft, are there any being overlooked due to the great amount of wide receiver talent?

i love j.jones ;-D , he had a great combine, but will only get drafted in 2nd round tops, he definitely would have been a 1st round pick IMO if he got to play two years ago, he was great on the cover of all the college books, but i love him because he has been the only light in the darkness of notre dame football the past couple of ... decades! ha. anyways what are your thoughts on the rookie rbs and any thoughts on there fantasy impact.
Last edited by pmac_03 on Sat Apr 10, 2004 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crusaders treasurechest member: east-waterdown gunners. bills fan. going to opening day vs. jax!

pmac.
pmac_03
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Sat Apr 10, 2004 10:35 pm

It all depends on situation, you gotta wait to see where they get drafted.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Apr 10, 2004 10:49 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:It all depends on situation, you gotta wait to see where they get drafted.

Yep, I would think that if Denver, New England, or Dallas draft a rookie RB they could have an immediate impact.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby UtopianHopes » Sat Apr 10, 2004 10:56 pm

I know it seem like there always 1 rookie rb who make a big impact every year. The question is trying to find who. which is easier said then done.
UtopianHopes
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby VHawk15 » Sat Apr 10, 2004 11:01 pm

If NE and Dallas take Steven Jackson/Kevin Jones, I'm thinking one of them will be the top rookie back this year.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Gunslinger » Sat Apr 10, 2004 11:15 pm

VHawk15 wrote:If NE and Dallas take Steven Jackson/Kevin Jones, I'm thinking one of them will be the top rookie back this year.

I think Denver traded up to get Jackson or Jones (depending on whether or not Detroit takes a RB). I like Greg Jones a lot, too. I think he would be great in NE, taking over the Antwoin Smith role.

As CC mentioned, it all depends on where they go.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby pmac_03 » Sat Apr 10, 2004 11:23 pm

Gunslinger wrote:
VHawk15 wrote:If NE and Dallas take Steven Jackson/Kevin Jones, I'm thinking one of them will be the top rookie back this year.

I think Denver traded up to get Jackson or Jones (depending on whether or not Detroit takes a RB). I like Greg Jones a lot, too. I think he would be great in NE, taking over the Antwoin Smith role.

As CC mentioned, it all depends on where they go.

as do i, he had a great camp too, im not a seminals guy, but i do like what he brings.

happy easter to all.
crusaders treasurechest member: east-waterdown gunners. bills fan. going to opening day vs. jax!

pmac.
pmac_03
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby VHawk15 » Sat Apr 10, 2004 11:46 pm

Gunslinger wrote:

I think Denver traded up to get Jackson or Jones (depending on whether or not Detroit takes a RB).

Right, but if Denver picks a RB, there may be an RBBC.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Canacuna » Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:54 am

I think what just about what everyone else said is correct - it all depends on who someone is drafted to. I wouldn't expect any huge rookie numbers from any of this years rookie RBs though, maybe a decent #3 RB at best.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby NittanyLions » Sun Apr 11, 2004 9:44 am

Yeah, it is completely dependant on where they go. Immediate impacts would be places like Dallas and NE, while future impacts could be places like denver, pitt...another variable is where dillon goes :-?
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk