Will there be any big rookie runningback performers for 2004 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Will there be any big rookie runningback performers for 2004

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby pmac_03 » Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:52 am

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7241933

i thought this was a good article, discussing how there is a lot of talent to be had in the darft. stuart and julius o boy.
crusaders treasurechest member: east-waterdown gunners. bills fan. going to opening day vs. jax!

pmac.
pmac_03
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Sun Apr 11, 2004 9:49 pm

If Dallas takes a RB in the first round, whomever it is, they will likely have the most fantasy football impact. I doubt Hambrick could keep his job unless his competition were walk-ons, and Parcells loves to pound the ball for clock management. So, no matter how good the guy is, if he's durable, he'll get a lot of carries.

If Denver grabs a 1st round RB, they'd have to be next in line. Portis, Anderson, Gary, Davis. Gotta give history some credit here.

The long shot (because you never know how Bellicheck will use him) is the RB New England will likely take.

I suppose if Detroit takes a RB they go in contention as well, but aside from that I wouldnt not expect another rookie running back to see more than 2 games worth of action.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby MCG321 » Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:30 pm

As already stated, Dallas, New England, and Denver look like the best places for a rookie RB. Rookie or not, whoever is running for Denver will definitely have a spot on my sleepers list.
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby VHawk15 » Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:32 pm

MCG321 wrote:Rookie or not, whoever is running for Denver will definitely have a spot on my sleepers list.

Same here, but I fear that more than one person will be running in Denver.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby MCG321 » Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:35 pm

VHawk15 wrote:
MCG321 wrote:Rookie or not, whoever is running for Denver will definitely have a spot on my sleepers list.

Same here, but I fear that more than one person will be running in Denver.

I fear the same thing. Even if they pass on an RB in the draft, they already have Griffin and Anderson, and even if they eventually end up with 1 main RB, it'll probably take a few too many weeks to decide.
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Gunslinger » Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:46 pm

I'm starting to hear that the Denver trade with Cinci was only to get a better position to trade up with Detroit. Sounds like they want Winslow. Just a rumor for now, but something to watch.

Denver's backfield is crowded, but it was in Portis' first year, too. It was Anderson, Gary, and Portis and eventually Portis won out. If Jackson or Jones were to go to Denver I wouldn't hesitate jumping on them, but I'm in keeper and dynasty leagues. For re-draft leagues it wouldn't be as crucial to jump early, just someone to keep in mind for a sleeper.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby MCG321 » Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:47 pm

It's not good to count on a trade with Detroit, because Detroit has a pending trade with New England as long as Sean Taylor is still available.
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CC » Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:49 pm

Its not a pending trade, its just a rumor.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk