Faulk the God - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Faulk the God

Moderator: Football Moderators

Faulk the God

Postby hwkyetkd11 » Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:30 pm

I am very surprised by how quickly a player can go from Godlike standing to middl eof th epack due to one bad season due to injuries. For the past five years or so Faulk ha sbeen like a god, no question of whow as first to go! Then he has aproblem with his knee and is hampoered by it for half of two seasons. Then he came back healthy last yeara nd tor eit up old Faulk style showing he is still the man! Yet we are still hung up over one injury tht has been remedied and rankin ghim in some cases lower than top ten.l faulk is still a top 5 rb and will do it again this year, quote me on that!
hwkyetkd11
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Canacuna » Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:37 pm

I think he's still capable of putting up top five RB numbers, but I wouldn't draft him in accordance to my hunch when he's missed at least a few games in each of the last four seasons.

I would almost like to be at the tail end of the order so I could have a shot at drafting him as my #2 RB. He's a potential steal.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby VHawk15 » Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:00 pm

No one can argue that in his day, Faulk put up some pretty good numbers. But as Cana said, Faulk has been having some injuries lately (has started 16 games once since 1998) and isn't getting any younger. Also take into account that he's not exactly in a run-first offense.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby pmac_03 » Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:12 pm

if youve experienced playing sports in anyway, you can easily understand why players get down graded. you get hurt it wears on you, although being young you can bounce back, (ie. charles woodson, turf toe, that is serious chronic injury) hes still a young guy can bounce back and had a decent year in horrible oak-town. faulk, 16 starts in the past how many years, thats disappointing, you get slowed by injuries, and if any of you remember when d.brooks tackled him when his head went straight into the ground, i didnt think he would lace them up again, so hes a tough guy... but old and slow and not used properly by martz. :-t
crusaders treasurechest member: east-waterdown gunners. bills fan. going to opening day vs. jax!

pmac.
pmac_03
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby awwchrist » Sun Apr 11, 2004 3:55 pm

Seems like only yesterday Eddie George and Curtis Martin were top 5 RBs..

happens to everyone.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheHeat24 » Sun Apr 11, 2004 4:35 pm

awwchrist wrote:Seems like only yesterday Eddie George and Curtis Martin were top 5 RBs..

happens to everyone.

True say... especially for cmart but his is definetly because of age

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby PimpDaddySatan » Sun Apr 11, 2004 4:45 pm

I have top ten ranked like this-

Priest Holmes
Clinton Portis
LaDainian Tomilinson
Shaun Alexander
Deuce McAllister
Ahman Green
Ricky Williams
Marshall Faulk
Jamal Lewis
Stephen Davis

Based on stats, age, and injury considerations. Lewis could probably be higher, but I don't think he can repeat a 2000 yard season, so hes ranked where I have him. I play a ten team Fantasy League, so what ever pick I have, I think I will do good with any one of these 10 guys.
PimpDaddySatan

Friendliness: %

True

Postby hwkyetkd11 » Sun Apr 11, 2004 5:36 pm

True Faulk did miss 7 game slast year and part of two more from injury, bu the still put up 880 yards and ten touchdowns. Figue he atsy healthy after this suppsed knee surgery that cleared it up, say he matche slast year and he will at least, he would put up 1700 yards rushing and 20 tds! As for eddie and Martin,t hey are not performign aymore when they are ont he field, Faulk still is!! Just remember what was being sai dlast year about Holmes and what he did!
hwkyetkd11
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker

Postby CC » Sun Apr 11, 2004 5:48 pm

PimpDaddySatan wrote:I have top ten ranked like this-

Priest Holmes
Clinton Portis
LaDainian Tomilinson
Shaun Alexander
Deuce McAllister
Ahman Green
Ricky Williams
Marshall Faulk
Jamal Lewis
Stephen Davis

Based on stats, age, and injury considerations. Lewis could probably be higher, but I don't think he can repeat a 2000 yard season, so hes ranked where I have him. I play a ten team Fantasy League, so what ever pick I have, I think I will do good with any one of these 10 guys.

What about Edgerrin James and Fred Taylor, I would put those two in and bump out Stephen Davis and Faulk, as my top 10 in no particular order.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby pmac_03 » Sun Apr 11, 2004 5:57 pm

how could you put portis infront of lt, keeping in mind you said injury considerations, portis has been injured twice in two years.... and age, lt has to be number one <-- arguable (kc better line and offense)
crusaders treasurechest member: east-waterdown gunners. bills fan. going to opening day vs. jax!

pmac.
pmac_03
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk