fishing update... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

fishing update...

Moderator: Football Moderators

fishing update...

Postby TTTBone » Sun Apr 11, 2004 7:44 pm

Went fishing with my brother-in-law over the Easter weekend around Wausau, WI on the Wisconsin River. We just went to get away from the women and shoot the bull. Fishing from shore and not expecting much. However, caught 15-16 walleyes, in about 3 hrs., and then my brother-in-law hooked into the monster of the day, a 28", 8-9 lb. fish that he fought for a good 10 minutes in the river current. Awesome. We lost three more big fish casting crank-baits and were way late for the Saturday Pre-Easter dinner. We didn't care. :-b
Any more fishin' stories?
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby MCG321 » Sun Apr 11, 2004 7:50 pm

Sounds like you guys had a good outing. I go to Montana every summer with my family and go fishing, so I'll be back on the river in a few months.
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Apr 11, 2004 7:51 pm

The only one I have is one time when I was about 16 my friend and I went fishing in this little private lake. We probably fished for about 4 hours and caught/released 151 fish. I got 76 and he got 75 - I had to have more so I went for one more at the end. Stupid bluegills - they bit on the hook!

The coolest thing was that there were northern pike in there which of course we had no chance of catching without a boat, but one of them had been pretty well eaten by other fish, and all that was left was its head...pretty gross.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby DUKE » Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:16 am

Nice work TTT ;-D I woke up on Sunday morning and went bass fishing, despite feeling a bit rough from a boxing party I had the night before. Used crank baits and a spinner and only caught one bass of moderate size. I only went behind my house for @ a half hour and just wanted to get in a few casts, as it was my first time out this season. Many more trips to come B-)
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby sinnlos26 » Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:38 am

ive had little "fishing" experience persay, but in summers past at my grandparents we'd lean over their dock with hot dogs on a string and catch crabs for dinner... id always get the big ones, but i was too scared to pull them out of the water onto the dock :-b
biggest encounter ive had with a fish was one biting my leg when i was about 5... i never knew there were 1.5-2 foot fish in the little creek, and i was playing in it and it bit my leg. i kicked it away and it groaned, then i never went to the creek without someone again :-D

anyway congrats all fishers, hope next time's "the big one" ;-D
sinnlos26 Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to General Talk